+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung CEO Debunks Talks of Slow Galaxy S4 Sales

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Samsung CEO Debunks Talks of Slow Galaxy S4 Sales

Samsung CEO J.K. Shin had a lot to say this week as he reassured investors that the company’s latest flagship smartphone is indeed selling well, while at the same time dismissing the notion that the company is anywhere close to easing the strained relationship with its chief rival, Apple. Samsung’s stock dropped 6% last week when a J.P Morgan report warned investors that sales of its recently launched Galaxy S4 smartphone could fall short of expectations. Shin dismissed J.P. Morgan’s analysis of S4 sales according to The Korea Times. He said the following regarding the matter:

I can say sales of the Galaxy S4 smartphone are fine. It's been selling well. The report was based on its own analysis. Probably the bank may have corrected its previous bullish estimate about the S4 sales.
    Samsung launched the S4 in the middle of tremendous hype and the company expects to sell around 100 million of the Android-powered devices. Within the first 28 days of availability, the S4 moved roughly 10 million units causing both J.P. Morgan and Morgan Stanley to revise their sales estimates downward. The ensuing sell-off resulted in Samsung’s largest single-day drop in nine months, taking Samsung’s shares to a four-month low. The South Korean conglomerate lost $12.4 billion in market capitalization and the stock has been a downward trend since.

Shin also commented on Samsung’s ongoing worldwide patent struggle with Apple, mentioning that Samsung has no plans to relent or concede. Shin said the following regarding the topic:

Patent disputes against Apple will continue.
    Source: The Korea Times

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

People are talking about iPhone 5 and the S4 and here I am. Waiting for the Note 3. (And my contract to be over with.)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

People are starting to see that Samsung phones are a big piece of crapp and would make a better boat anchor or paper weight I just saw 5 more for sale on Craigslist this morning

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    People are starting to see that Samsung phones are a big piece of crapp and would make a better boat anchor or paper weight I just saw 5 more for sale on Craigslist this morning
    I can say the same for the iphone 5...they are for sale all over

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    I can say the same for the iphone 5...they are for sale all over
    The difference is the iPhone 5's are being sold to be used as phones, where as the S4's are being sold to be used as paperweights and toilet paper

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had friends switch from Android to Apple because of the issues they had with the phone and OS. Once they switched to Apple they were very satisfied.

I know this will be a never ending battle over which phone is better, but Apple wins my vote.

Thanks

The REAL difference is this, the iPhone 5 demands 350-$500..i've never heard of any Galaxy device being resold for that price. Quality baby..check yourself :]

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (06-14-2013), vinaygoel2000 (06-14-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

i think its kinda lame that S4 Active is coming out just months after S4... like, slap to the face of all those ppl who bought the S4... its kinda like the iPad 3--> iPad 4...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Albort For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-14-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 Times in 671 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    The REAL difference is this, the iPhone 5 demands 350-$500..i've never heard of any Galaxy device being resold for that price. Quality baby..check yourself :]
    Yep sold my 4S last Sept on ebay for 400.00 easy and didn't have to ship it till my iPhone 5 came in either LOL. Buddy of mine went thru 3-4 GS3's and then verizon gave him a Moto razor and he wasnt happy with that either and went to trade it in and they only gave him 70.00 towards the GS4 LOL

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    So true! I sold my 4s for $350 after the iPhone 5 came out. That paid for the new phone with leftover cash! The only time I've seen other smartphone sell for that price is if they're brand new.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't believe iPhone 4S went for that low. I sold my 4S in Nov 2012 for $434 on eBay. That too 16 GB.
    Last edited by vinaygoel2000; 06-17-2013 at 02:49 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Galaxy has been and always will be a junk phone. At least the new htc is sleek and metal like the iphone. The galaxy just feels cheap. Just a cheap plastic phone. It's a joke really. Great new commercial samsung with the "look away from the screen to pause video." I mean seriously? Is that some kind of joke? That is more of a pain in the ***** feature than a useful one. So basically showing a video to a group of friends I guess I'm not allowed to look up at anybody to talk because then my video gets paused while everybody is trying to watch. So lame. At least the tvs samsung makes are nice

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

You people have no idea. Check swappa, S4s are selling so fast and at the $600+ mark. iPhone 5 64gbs aren't even doing that.

It's all about the market demand. People who pay over $150 for a 4s are dumb. There will always be a market for both iPhones and galaxy devices so don't just assume cuz u don't like something that no one else does. Lets try to keep the fanboyism down some, huh?

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

iPhone? More like MyPhone StuG III's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankjc81 View Post
    Galaxy has been and always will be a junk phone. At least the new htc is sleek and metal like the iphone. The galaxy just feels cheap. Just a cheap plastic phone. It's a joke really. Great new commercial samsung with the "look away from the screen to pause video." I mean seriously? Is that some kind of joke? That is more of a pain in the ***** feature than a useful one. So basically showing a video to a group of friends I guess I'm not allowed to look up at anybody to talk because then my video gets paused while everybody is trying to watch. So lame. At least the tvs samsung makes are nice
    Who cares what it feels like? It's about what's inside more than anything.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by falco090 View Post
    People are talking about iPhone 5 and the S4 and here I am. Waiting for the Note 3. (And my contract to be over with.)
    I'm waiting on the Note 3 as well. Supposed to be announced this week on the 20th if rumors are correct.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    You people have no idea. Check swappa, S4s are selling so fast and at the $600+ mark. iPhone 5 64gbs aren't even doing that.

It's all about the market demand. People who pay over $150 for a 4s are dumb. There will always be a market for both iPhones and galaxy devices so don't just assume cuz u don't like something that no one else does. Lets try to keep the fanboyism down some, huh?
    This is from swappa. You should have done your research before you posted.