Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Samsung CEO Debunks Talks of Slow Galaxy S4 Sales

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,361
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 143 Times in 128 Posts

    Default Samsung CEO Debunks Talks of Slow Galaxy S4 Sales


    Samsung CEO J.K. Shin had a lot to say this week as he reassured investors that the company’s latest flagship smartphone is indeed selling well, while at the same time dismissing the notion that the company is anywhere close to easing the strained relationship with its chief rival, Apple. Samsung’s stock dropped 6% last week when a J.P Morgan report warned investors that sales of its recently launched Galaxy S4 smartphone could fall short of expectations. Shin dismissed J.P. Morgan’s analysis of S4 sales according to The Korea Times. He said the following regarding the matter:

    I can say sales of the Galaxy S4 smartphone are fine. It's been selling well. The report was based on its own analysis. Probably the bank may have corrected its previous bullish estimate about the S4 sales.
    Samsung launched the S4 in the middle of tremendous hype and the company expects to sell around 100 million of the Android-powered devices. Within the first 28 days of availability, the S4 moved roughly 10 million units causing both J.P. Morgan and Morgan Stanley to revise their sales estimates downward. The ensuing sell-off resulted in Samsung’s largest single-day drop in nine months, taking Samsung’s shares to a four-month low. The South Korean conglomerate lost $12.4 billion in market capitalization and the stock has been a downward trend since.

    Shin also commented on Samsung’s ongoing worldwide patent struggle with Apple, mentioning that Samsung has no plans to relent or concede. Shin said the following regarding the topic:

    Patent disputes against Apple will continue.
    Source: The Korea Times

    Twitter: @AkshayMasand

  2. #2
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    League City, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    People are talking about iPhone 5 and the S4 and here I am. Waiting for the Note 3. (And my contract to be over with.)

  3. #3
    People are starting to see that Samsung phones are a big piece of crapp and would make a better boat anchor or paper weight I just saw 5 more for sale on Craigslist this morning

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    People are starting to see that Samsung phones are a big piece of crapp and would make a better boat anchor or paper weight I just saw 5 more for sale on Craigslist this morning
    I can say the same for the iphone 5...they are for sale all over

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,266
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 146 Times in 124 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    I can say the same for the iphone 5...they are for sale all over
    The difference is the iPhone 5's are being sold to be used as phones, where as the S4's are being sold to be used as paperweights and toilet paper

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    I've had friends switch from Android to Apple because of the issues they had with the phone and OS. Once they switched to Apple they were very satisfied.

    I know this will be a never ending battle over which phone is better, but Apple wins my vote.

  7. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,744
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 266 Times in 172 Posts

    The REAL difference is this, the iPhone 5 demands 350-$500..i've never heard of any Galaxy device being resold for that price. Quality baby..check yourself :]

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

    Carvensno (06-14-2013), vinaygoel2000 (06-14-2013)

  9. #8
    i think its kinda lame that S4 Active is coming out just months after S4... like, slap to the face of all those ppl who bought the S4... its kinda like the iPad 3--> iPad 4...

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Albort For This Useful Post:

    vinaygoel2000 (06-14-2013)

  11. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fresno, Calli
    Posts
    2,009
    Thanks
    2,650
    Thanked 1,750 Times in 750 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    The REAL difference is this, the iPhone 5 demands 350-$500..i've never heard of any Galaxy device being resold for that price. Quality baby..check yourself :]
    Yep sold my 4S last Sept on ebay for 400.00 easy and didn't have to ship it till my iPhone 5 came in either LOL. Buddy of mine went thru 3-4 GS3's and then verizon gave him a Moto razor and he wasnt happy with that either and went to trade it in and they only gave him 70.00 towards the GS4 LOL

  12. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,266
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 146 Times in 124 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    The REAL difference is this, the iPhone 5 demands 350-$500..i've never heard of any Galaxy device being resold for that price. Quality baby..check yourself :]
    So true! I sold my 4s for $350 after the iPhone 5 came out. That paid for the new phone with leftover cash! The only time I've seen other smartphone sell for that price is if they're brand new.

  13. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    758
    Thanks
    399
    Thanked 78 Times in 62 Posts

    Can't believe iPhone 4S went for that low. I sold my 4S in Nov 2012 for $434 on eBay. That too 16 GB.
    Last edited by vinaygoel2000; 06-17-2013 at 03:49 PM.

  14. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Upland
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Galaxy has been and always will be a junk phone. At least the new htc is sleek and metal like the iphone. The galaxy just feels cheap. Just a cheap plastic phone. It's a joke really. Great new commercial samsung with the "look away from the screen to pause video." I mean seriously? Is that some kind of joke? That is more of a pain in the ***** feature than a useful one. So basically showing a video to a group of friends I guess I'm not allowed to look up at anybody to talk because then my video gets paused while everybody is trying to watch. So lame. At least the tvs samsung makes are nice

  15. #13
    You people have no idea. Check swappa, S4s are selling so fast and at the $600+ mark. iPhone 5 64gbs aren't even doing that.

    It's all about the market demand. People who pay over $150 for a 4s are dumb. There will always be a market for both iPhones and galaxy devices so don't just assume cuz u don't like something that no one else does. Lets try to keep the fanboyism down some, huh?

    http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

  16. #14
    iPhone? More like MyPhone StuG III's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by frankjc81 View Post
    Galaxy has been and always will be a junk phone. At least the new htc is sleek and metal like the iphone. The galaxy just feels cheap. Just a cheap plastic phone. It's a joke really. Great new commercial samsung with the "look away from the screen to pause video." I mean seriously? Is that some kind of joke? That is more of a pain in the ***** feature than a useful one. So basically showing a video to a group of friends I guess I'm not allowed to look up at anybody to talk because then my video gets paused while everybody is trying to watch. So lame. At least the tvs samsung makes are nice
    Who cares what it feels like? It's about what's inside more than anything.

  17. #15
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by falco090 View Post
    People are talking about iPhone 5 and the S4 and here I am. Waiting for the Note 3. (And my contract to be over with.)
    I'm waiting on the Note 3 as well. Supposed to be announced this week on the 20th if rumors are correct.

  18. #16
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    758
    Thanks
    399
    Thanked 78 Times in 62 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    You people have no idea. Check swappa, S4s are selling so fast and at the $600+ mark. iPhone 5 64gbs aren't even doing that.

    It's all about the market demand. People who pay over $150 for a 4s are dumb. There will always be a market for both iPhones and galaxy devices so don't just assume cuz u don't like something that no one else does. Lets try to keep the fanboyism down some, huh?
    This is from swappa. You should have done your research before you posted.


Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •