+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Earns "Huge Win" Against Samsung with Confirmation of Rubber Banding Patent

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Earns "Huge Win" Against Samsung with Confirmation of Rubber Banding Patent

Key aspects of Apple’s so-called “rubber banding” patent related to scrolling in iOS were recently validated by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, marking a major victory for Apple in its ongoing patent dispute against Samsung. According to Florian Mueller of FOSS Patents, the Cupertino California company recently informed U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh that the USPTO will issue a reexamination certificate confirming four key claims of the patent in question. The certificate will validate significant portions of U.S. Patent No. 7,469,381.

Among the confirmed portions includes “claim 19,” which Apple successfully leveraged against a number of Samsung products in the two companies’ high profile California trial last year. In that case, the jury sided with Apple and found that Samsung had infringed on its patented inventions. According to Mueller:

As a result of this new reexamination certificate, claim 19 will enjoy an enhanced presumption of validity against the invalidity theories the patent office evaluated. Instead of invalidation in mid-2017 or later, this patent has now been confirmed in mid-2013.
    The USPTO previously tentatively rejected all claims in the patent, including claim 19, but Apple cautioned the court to wait for the process to unfold. The latest decision was portrayed as a “huge win” for Apple, potentially giving the company "the upper hand with other key patents it's asserting against Samsung" in both California and at the International Trade Commission.

Source: FOSS Patents

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Banned
    Thanks

Go have a cry Apple. More lawsuits. Apple suck.
    So Apple win another lawsuit but they loose thousands of customers. Samsung win in the end.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    So Apple win another lawsuit but they loose thousands of customers. Samsung win in the end.
    Yea Apple knock that crappy Samsung down another notch let them know that there are patrons for a reason and that stealing is something that you will not tolerate and they will not get away with Long Live the Mighty Apple.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tridley68 For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (06-14-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    Yea Apple knock that crappy Samsung down another notch let them know that there are patrons for a reason and that stealing is something that you will not tolerate and they will not get away with Long Live the Mighty Apple.
    You clearly haven't seen iOS 7 then.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

@kyle: Can we change the name of this site? Looks like we have more Android fans on this site. Lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Your grammar is of the same quality of Samsung’s products.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scotty Manley Silberhorn For This Useful Post:

*T* (06-14-2013), TheDirtyDiddler (06-18-2013)

*T*
    Thanks

I've never heard of anyone buying a phone on the basis of an outcome of a patent lawsuit. Go be a fanboy elsewhere.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to *T* For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (06-14-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Your grammar is of the same quality of Samsung’s products.
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes, of course. Priceless!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yatezy View Post
    You clearly haven't seen iOS 7 then.
    Obviously you haven't used it. I've been running it on my iPhone 5 since it came out, and as a beta it runs smoother than any Android OS. Don't make comments about a software you've never used.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dpacemaker View Post
    Obviously you haven't used it. I've been running it on my iPhone 5 since it came out, and as a beta it runs smoother than any Android OS. Don't make comments about a software you've never used.
    This has nothing to do with how smooth it is, it could been the smoothest release of any software ever existed. But every new feature is a clear rip off of software from other places whether it's another mobile OS, a jailbreak tweak or an app.

Hence my original comment in regards to apple not liking it's stuff being pinched when iOS 7's features are robbed themselves.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    you talk of stealing on the heals of the latest version of iOS WITH ITS DOZENS of stolen features. people like you is why apple is hated.

Quote Originally Posted by dpacemaker View Post
    you should take your own advice (and stop lying) you've never used any version of Android let alone the latest version to say that iOS 7 beta is smoother.

when will the fanaticism stop for you people?
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 06-16-2013 at 12:41 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    you talk of stealing on the heals of the latest version of iOS WITH ITS DOZENS of stolen features. people like you is why apple is hated.

you should take your own advice (and stop lying) you've never used any version of Android let alone the latest version to say that iOS 7 beta is smoother.

I have used Android before. I've used different phones and versions of Android for three years. I don't own any of those devices because its buggy, and every time I used it there was lag in the different menus and in many apps. Don't assume you know what I've used because I don't like an OS doesn't mean I've never used it. To say that iOS 7 stole its features is a comment that doesn't need to be made. It's obvious, and nearly every feature that comes out is a copy of another. Android is a copy of iOS, since iOS came first Android copied it right? But wait before iOS there was BB and WebOS. So who copied who? It doesn't really matter. As a beta I have found that iOS 7 is less laggy and buggy than any version of Android I've ever used. Android is buggy because each phone maker puts their own bloat ware in it that causes issues, and since the store isn't really policed until its too late the possibility of viruses is there. Just like the recent 'Bad Pigs' virus that was in the Google Playstore. Your right though its so much better to have a OS that's full of bloat ware and open to viruses. Hope you can read the sarcasm in my last statement, it's hard for the non intelligent to see it sometimes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post

You know I hate name calling but are you fuck1ng stupid? This is ModMyi. Jesus Christ.