+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iWork for iCloud Now in Beta for Developer Testing

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple Monday unveiled iWork for iCloud at the WWDC 2013 keynote, which is a new feature of iCloud that allows users to use iWork applications like Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's iWork for iCloud Now Available for Developer Testing

Apple Monday unveiled iWork for iCloud at the WWDC 2013 keynote, which is a new feature of iCloud that allows users to use iWork applications like Pages, Numbers, and Keynote through iCloud.com from almost any device with a Web browser.

Apple has Thursday afternoon made the feature available for developers to start testing. iWork for iCloud, like iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks, is currently in its beta stages and bugs are expected. The feature will be available for the public later this year when all bugs have been worked out and it has been deemed stable.

iWork for iCloud shines because it doesn’t require the user to install software on the computer that they use it from since everything is accessed through a Web browser. This makes it easier to use on school computers, or from other people’s computers where you wouldn’t want to install software without permission. iWork for iCloud even works on Windows machines, whereas iWork applications from the Mac App Store are Mac-only.

iWork for iCloud is compatible with Microsoft Office documents via a drag and drop interface, and the Web browser-based applications include many of the tools users will find in the full applications downloaded from the Mac App Store. As Apple noted at the keynote, the Web-based software will be compatible with Safari, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome.

Sources: MacRumors

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks like I bought Keynote and Pages for nothing -.- 40 bucks down the drain.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mahboi View Post
    ?? Not sure what you mean.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SpidermanAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think so. From what I understand it won't be as powerful. Some are also speculating that it will be a subscription based program although that hasn't been confirmed or denied to my knowledge.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There are still going to be times when Internet access is not optimum, and you will still be able to continue working with installed software.

*T*
    Thanks

So after 4 years of "innovating", the only new feature is that you can access a worse version of the software on a Windows.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What does that even mean? I don't think it will be available free of cost and will most probably complement the mobile and desktop versions rather than replace them.