Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mini Windows Stores Coming to Best Buy

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Mini Windows Stores Coming to Best Buy

It's a retail strategy that has worked well for the likes of Apple and Samsung. As a result, Microsoft is hoping to follow this path to retail riches by emulating this savvy game plan.

On Thursday, Microsoft confirmed a new partnership with Best Buy that will result in the introduction of miniature Windows stores inside of Best Buy retail stores around North America.

That's right. This won't be a small, initial trial period. This morning, in fact, Reuters detailed the comprehensive new retail effort in the works.

Microsoft Corp said on Thursday it would open 500 special stores within existing Best Buy Co Inc stores in the United States selling exclusively Windows-based tablets and computers and other Microsoft products, in an effort to revitalize sales of its flagship operating system.
    The store-within-a-store sites will - at some point soon - absorb somewhere between 1,500 square feet and 2,200 square feet per location, we’re told. Microsoft says this effort will also involve the addition of at least 1,200 Best Buy Microsoft-trained sales associates in order to better assist customers.

Source: Reuters

Hmm I thought everything but the 20 x 10 section of Mac gear was already Windows gear.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (06-14-2013)

No sh*}, what a joke, the whole store is Windows crap. I've used windows for the better part of my years, since the start of windows, changed to Mac and all Apple Products 3 years ago, wish I changed long ago, maybe in wouldn't of had to buy a new PC every 18 months from some equipment failure or Windows crashing so much I'd get frustrated and buy another piece of crap. My Apple Computers (iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPhone 5, iPad 2 and Mini, and wireless in my house, all Apple. Never an issue.....pure Quality! Windows is the Kmart off Software, Apple is Macy's.