Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
06-11-2013, 07:17 PM #21
06-11-2013, 07:46 PM #22
06-11-2013, 09:45 PM #23
A couple things I've noticed new in beta 1 that I haven't seen mentioned...
- When connecting device to an different computer than your original one, the device prompts an alert asking if your device is to trust this computer or not
- iTunes will not restore your device by clicking on the "Restore" button if FMI is turned on.
- To disable FMI on your device, you MUST type in your apple ID password after hitting the toggle switch to off.
- When in the messages app and you hit the compose button, after selecting contact, it takes you straight to the text thread of that contact. Before, you would select contact, type message, send message and then it takes you to that thread.
- In messages app, when in compose window, typing an contact name will highlight their number blue if you've sent an iMessage to that number before, or Green if you sent an text message to that number before and it's not an iOS device
- In messages app, when hitting send, an thin blue or green progress bar goes across the top of screen
- Status Bar is much thinner than iOS6 and earlier
- When clicking numbers in dial pad of phone app, it shows part of the wallpaper through the number clicked
- Lock screen pass code adapts to the colors of the background image. Very sexy I must say
06-11-2013, 09:58 PM #24
06-12-2013, 01:04 AM #25
Wow, if you go to the editor you can see all the other posts... Still after so many years and the forum is still screwed.
Anyway, IOS7 IS a typical beta 1. Its buggy as hell, slow as hell and just totally unfinished.
It CAN downgrade happily. I just downgraded to IOS6 as thats the last IOS with good blobs. Even that I have IOS 6.1.2 saved it still refuses to use them.
Anyway as its Beta and the latest signing IOS is 6.1.3 you can always downgrade to that IOS.
BTW, iPhone 4. Not sure if iPhone 4s/5 can downgrade? I guess not but give it a try anyway.
And Apps are acting very weird. I tried some GPS apps and they didn't work. I tried a camera app and it was upside down, and some apps just crashed.
It does look a LOT better than previous IOS's but its still too unstable to use as a daily IOS.
When its finally released and the jailbreak is released I will happily upgrade to it.
Thats IF I still have this iPhone4 by then. I'm hoping I've already upgraded to an Android by then but if I haven't then I guess I'll be updating then.