Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Announces iBooks for the Mac

Default Apple Announces iBooks for the Mac

Along with announcing OS X Mavericks and Maps for the Mac Monday afternoon at the WWDC Keynote, Apple also announced that iBooks has finally come to the Mac, a feature that has been demanded even since the initial launch of iBooks for iOS.

iBooks for the Mac will let users read books on the big screen. Users will be able to access their books from a library just like they can on their iOS devices. There will be filters, search features, and cover art for to make it easy for those with a lot of books to find what they want to read.

The application will let users read books in full-screen mode, with day time or night time colors, and it will offer easy access to the iBooks store right from your Mac so you can download new books. As expected, your iBooks collection will be kept in sync with your iOS devices. Font size can be adjusted to the user's liking as well.

Sources: Apple

Soooo happy about this! For my etextbooks I'll finally be able to add notes and sync between my ipad mini and MacBook! A considerable relief. Now I just use preview, which works okay, but not as good as iBooks will😁