+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Announces OS X Mavericks

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple Monday afternoon moved away from the cat-themed OS X as Apple's Craig Federighi announced OS X Mavericks. As expected, the software release will offer several new features. One of
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Announces OS X Mavericks

Apple Monday afternoon moved away from the cat-themed OS X as Apple's Craig Federighi announced OS X Mavericks. As expected, the software release will offer several new features.

One of the new features in OS X Mavericks the ability to tag files. This will make it easier to find files, and keep them organized by group. OS X Mavericks will also bring multiple displays support to OS X. With this feature, users will be able to control two different displays individually without one display disrupting the other; users can even use AirPlay devices. Full-screen applications can be dragged from one display to another in the mission control interface for easy use.

OS X Mavericks will also come with an updated version of Safari that includes speed improvements, new social features, and a new Top Sites home page. Finder will even get a new full-screen feature that makes it more of a pleasure to use on smaller displays with less screen real estate.

OS X Mavericks focuses hugely on battery life and performance. OS X Mavericks will reduce CPU activity up to 72% during App Naps to help reduce the amount of power that is used over time while you multitask. A new feature called compressed memory makes it so memory can be handled faster and more efficiently in OS X. The feature compresses active and inactive memory to make room for free memory that can be used in the future.

With just a small preview screenshot of the software, it looks like OS X Mavericks will include iBooks for Mac, which has not been announced just yet:

Sources: Apple

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Looks like the same old thing to me, I'm tired of all these stupid updates, as soon as you get familiar with using one of these mountain cats, here comes a new one. Find one that works and stick to it already.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kamaal For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (06-10-2013)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Without updates technology can not move forward.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kamaal View Post
    Looks like the same old thing to me, I'm tired of all these stupid updates, as soon as you get familiar with using one of these mountain cats, here comes a new one. Find one that works and stick to it already.
    By your logic, we still would be unicellular amoebas — and we would not have iPhones, neither an operating system.
    However, it's cool if you're comfortable in your cave paintings living room.
    This world won't wait for you and neither will it wait for backward thinking.
    One’s never alone with a rubber duck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iDom For This Useful Post:

ecofrankenstein (06-10-2013)

Thanks

ouch

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iDom View Post
    By your logic, we still would be unicellular amoebas — and we would not have iPhones, neither an operating system.
    By your logic, we should just leave the iPhones and macs alone; they'll just improve on their own; in time, they will just turn into super-iPhones!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kamaal View Post
    Your an old school cat
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iDom View Post
    I just LOL'ed!!! Very true! Without updates your cell phone would still be the size of your microwave ;P

Thanks

Sooo... OSX Mavericks (not liking that name... I'll just call it 10.9) gets Quick Reply functionality, but not iOS?
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR