Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Mac Newsforums, a part of the
Moments ago, Apple CEO Tim Cook took the stage at San Francisco’s Moscone Center to deliver the opening keynote for the 24th annual WWDC. Apple’s annual conference for iOS and...
06-10-2013, 12:12 PM #1
Tim Cook Opens WWDC 2013 with Keynote
Moments ago, Apple CEO Tim Cook took the stage at San Francisco’s Moscone Center to deliver the opening keynote for the 24th annual WWDC.
Apple’s annual conference for iOS and Mac OS X developers is expected to deliver several critical announcements, including the formal unveiling of iOS 7.
Cook, however, opened the conference with the usual summation of self-congratulatory remarks and statistics, which this year include:
- Apple has over six million registered developers with 1.5 million of those added in the last year alone
- WWDC 2013 sold out in 71 seconds
- 1 million people visited Apple retail stores every day in 2012
- There are now 407 Apple retail stores in 14 countries
- 900,000 apps in the App Store today
- 90 percent of these apps are downloaded each month
- 375,000 iPad-designed apps
- 575,000,000 user accounts
- Apple has paid developers $10 billion so far (half of which was paid just last year)
- 50 billion iOS app downloads
Stay with MMi today for complete coverage of WWDC 2013.