+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Store Goes Down Ahead of WWDC Keynote

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Store Goes Down Ahead of WWDC Keynote

Apple’s online store has gone down with just under two hours until Apple kicks off its WWDC 2013 keynote. It isn’t too much of a surprise but the move does suggest that we won’t just be seeing software previews but new hardware as well.

As of right now on the hardware front rumors are suggesting that Apple will be refreshing its entire notebook lineup today with the introduction of Intel’s latest Haswell processors to the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro. Others are suggesting that we’ll be seeing a new Mac Pro as well. We may also have smaller additions including new AirPort and Time Capsule devices that are compatible with the latest 902.11 ac standard. It’s quite unlikely these will be mentioned during the keynote as there are far more important things said to be announced so you’ll have to keep an eye out for them once the store is back up.

When it comes to the software end, it's almost definite that we'll be seeing iOS 7 and OS X 10.9 make an appearance. Apple's iOS 7 is rumored to have a completely overhauled user interface with a flatter and more minimalist look and feel. Last but not least, Apple's new music streaming service, dubbed "iRadio" is set to be unveiled as well.

The WWDC 2013 keynote is set to kick off at 10:00 am PST and for those of you interested in watching it, you can do so on Apple’s website. The store is likely to be available soon after it is finished.

Source: Apple (Thanks MMi reader Chris Bishop for sending this in)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

The MacPro is much needed. I am still running my 2006 MacPro but have done many upgrades on it. Might have to look at getting a new one if they give it a decent update.

-Update-

Nevermind, I don't like that I can't upgrade it easily.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 06-10-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks

What about the 5s?? Is that not expected? I mean there is never a major iOS update without a new iPhone. And Foxconn already reported that they are already in production.

Thanks

The 5s will have its own event in the fall in timing with the release of iOS 7.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

I would think so