+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Accuses Samsung Galaxy S4 and Google Now of Infringing Certain Patents

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
...
  1. #21
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    29,670
    Thanks
    3,448
    Thanked 9,175 Times in 5,679 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    Appl£ didn't make Siri it was another startup company that Appl£ aquired
    Awesome, missed that and I am typically a news hound.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

    dsg (05-23-2013)

  3. #22
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    747
    Thanks
    396
    Thanked 76 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Dang apple won't be able to claim this feature! Samsung lets u use gloves & air gesturing. Apple what have u got?

    http://allaboutgalaxys4.com/galaxy-s...d/air-gesture/

    #JediMuch?
    Most everybody have that stupid feature turned off to save battery life. Just google galaxy s4 battery drain.

  4. #23
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,597
    Thanks
    2,566
    Thanked 4,298 Times in 1,608 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Most everybody have that stupid feature turned off to save battery life. Just google galaxy s4 battery drain.
    At least those devices have it! Apple? That's right u have to take your gloves off to use it. PIA when u live in a cooler climate. They turn it off? Dang I know I wouldn't! Battery drain? Meh u can plug it in to charge up ur fone. Ppl expect to be wowed and then they don't use the tech? Might as well just get an iPhone because those things are not up with the play apparently...But wait those same ppl are expecting more from Apple???
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

  5. #24
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    747
    Thanks
    396
    Thanked 76 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    At least those devices have it! Apple? That's right u have to take your gloves off to use it. PIA when u live in a cooler climate. They turn it off? Dang I know I wouldn't! Battery drain? Meh u can plug it in to charge up ur fone. Ppl expect to be wowed and then they don't use the tech? Might as well just get an iPhone because those things are not up with the play apparently...But wait those same ppl are expecting more from Apple???
    You can buy gloves for $5 that work on touch screen. What's the point of having a feature when u gonna turn it off? Oh I see, you can show off to your friends and then turn it off again.

  6. #25
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,597
    Thanks
    2,566
    Thanked 4,298 Times in 1,608 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    You can buy gloves for $5 that work on touch screen. What's the point of having a feature when u gonna turn it off? Oh I see, you can show off to your friends and then turn it off again.
    Lol $5

    Who said about turning it off? I didn't...
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    dsg (05-23-2013)

  8. #26
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    747
    Thanks
    396
    Thanked 76 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Lol $5

    Who said about turning it off? I didn't...
    Google "Galaxy s4 battery drain". All advise you to turn off the bu11$h1t features. Your finger not enough to scroll that u need air gestures.

  9. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    I have seen the google version of Siri for myself, and have to tell you it even soounds like siri meaning the voice. I mean damn google at least change the voice to something else LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    I for one was a little annoyed when Siri came out and a day later (exaggeration) google created their own. Come on, it’s too coincidental.
    You both must have missed the fact that Google Voice Search came out in 2008, where as Siri on the iPhone 4S didn't debut until late 2011. It helps to actually do some fact checking rather then (re)iterating random hearsay you got from some forum/web/tweet/etc comment somewhere.

  10. #28
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,597
    Thanks
    2,566
    Thanked 4,298 Times in 1,608 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Google "Galaxy s4 battery drain". All advise you to turn off the bu11$h1t features. Your finger not enough to scroll that u need air gestures.
    No you're missing the point. It's about the fact that those other devices are being built with that tech that apple can't think of themselves. Not about the fact that it causes supposed "battery drain" that you're referencing via Google. At least those devices have that tech. As a consumer I want the best $$$ can buy regardless of "battery drain. Everything causes battery drain in the end doesn't it? Pretty sure Apple's iOS still uses battery even tho it doesn't have this additional tech. It's about the tech NOT the battery drain.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

  11. #29
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    747
    Thanks
    396
    Thanked 76 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    No you're missing the point. It's about the fact that those other devices are being built with that tech that apple can't think of themselves. Not about the fact that it causes supposed "battery drain" that you're referencing via Google. At least those devices have that tech. As a consumer I want the best $$$ can buy regardless of "battery drain. Everything causes battery drain in the end doesn't it? Pretty sure Apple's iOS still uses battery even tho it doesn't have this additional tech. It's about the tech NOT the battery drain.
    For me, it's about battery drain. I don't want to carry a phone and a charger in my pocket at all times.

  12. #30
    Green Apple ceris7356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    No you're missing the point. It's about the fact that those other devices are being built with that tech that apple can't think of themselves. Not about the fact that it causes supposed "battery drain" that you're referencing via Google. At least those devices have that tech. As a consumer I want the best $$$ can buy regardless of "battery drain. Everything causes battery drain in the end doesn't it? Pretty sure Apple's iOS still uses battery even tho it doesn't have this additional tech. It's about the tech NOT the battery drain.
    So your point is that you would rather have stupid "tech" like bring able to wave your hand at your phone to make it do things then have a phone with good battery life? You're also implying that other phones with that kind of "tech"are better than iPhone solely because of that?

    >touchscreen

  13. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iH85CH001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    295
    Thanks
    346
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Of course they did...

  14. #32
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,597
    Thanks
    2,566
    Thanked 4,298 Times in 1,608 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ceris7356 View Post
    So your point is that you would rather have stupid "tech" like bring able to wave your hand at your phone to make it do things then have a phone with good battery life? You're also implying that other phones with that kind of "tech"are better than iPhone solely because of that?

    >touchscreen
    It appears that it could be a useful feature IMO. And who are u to decide if its stupid or not? I'll decide myself thank u very much. It was about the fact that for the last few releases that the iPhone hasn't really brought anything new the table in terms of tech albeit "stupid" or not. Did I actually say/imply the other devices were better? I said that in terms of tech that they seem to be offering more that what Apple was/has been offering both in terms of hardware & software wise.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

  15. #33
    dsg
    dsg is offline
    Livin the iPhone Life dsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,621
    Thanks
    2,382
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 611 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    Of course they did...
    I'm wondering, who did what?
    Last edited by dsg; 05-25-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

    look here all grammar police, indulge me.

  16. #34
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    747
    Thanks
    396
    Thanked 76 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    I'm wondering, who did what?
    Read the title of the article.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

    dsg (05-26-2013)

  18. #35
    dsg
    dsg is offline
    Livin the iPhone Life dsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,621
    Thanks
    2,382
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 611 Posts

    Really that simple lol
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

    look here all grammar police, indulge me.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts