+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will a Steve Jobs Hologram Headline WWDC Next Month?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
It was just last year when a hologram of late rapper and iconic entertainer Tupac Shakur performed at Coachella 2012. But the world may soon behold another hologram of an
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Will a Steve Jobs Hologram Headline WWDC Next Month?

It was just last year when a hologram of late rapper and iconic entertainer Tupac Shakur performed at Coachella 2012. But the world may soon behold another hologram of an industry giant we lost too soon.

If the rumor mill is correct, a digital version of late Apple CEO and company co-founder Steve Jobs may emerge at a forthcoming Apple event -- possibly even WWDC, which kicks off next month.

When a reporter from TMZ (and, believe me, I hope this is the last time TMZ is cited on MMi) encountered Apple CEO Tim Cook in DC (he was in town for a Senate hearing) a most unusual question based on recent chatter in the rumor mill was posed.

"Will Apple unveil a hologramatic Steve Jobs at its next press conference?" the reporter asked Cook. His response? "I can't comment on that," Cook replied.

Although that's hardly an admission that a Steve Jobs hologram will appear at WWDC, it also isn't a denial.

Source: TMZ

Green Apple
    Thanks

G0d I hope not, the entire concept of a hologram of a dead person is just creepy. And beyond the creepy factor, what is the point? To drum up some weird form of hype? I think this would be far more criticized (and for just reason) than praised, and would just prove to be a really, really stupid and insulting stunt.

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

You can tell Tim Cook was joking.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This would be soooo dope! But it cant be cheesy. A true to life indistinguishable avatar/replicant of Steve doing what he did best during new product press events. Hey, it might be too soon, but we're talking IMMORTALITY! Just sayin...

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree that this could turn out to be creepy if not done right but if done right I'd like to see Ive call Steve on FaceTime.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    You can tell Tim Cook was joking.
    Yeah cause he can just as easily say no

Thanks

What I'd Steve prerecorded the unveiling of something spectacular and the hologram presents it?!
    Using and jailbreaking iPhones since 2007.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This has to be the epitome stupid rumors. Why would MMi even bother posting something that TMZ announced?? This is worse than MMi reporting on Samsung or Android, that has nothing to do with Apple in anyway.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Digitalfeind For This Useful Post:

*T* (05-22-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfeind View Post
    This has to be the epitome stupid rumors. Why would MMi even bother posting something that TMZ announced?? This is worse than MMi reporting on Samsung or Android, that has nothing to do with Apple in anyway.
    Nothing to do with apple? Is steve jobs suddenly removed from the minds of the living as being the person RESPONSIBLE for apple?????

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Nothing to do with apple? Is steve jobs suddenly removed from the minds of the living as being the person RESPONSIBLE for apple?????
    You are misunderstanding what I wrote. I was talking about when Apple news sites, just like this, write about Samsung or Android even though it has zero to do with Apple.

Now for the halogram rumor, it is just stupid to even report on it given the source is TMZ.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

How do we even know that the question asked was this question at all? Maybe the reporter asked when is the new iPhone coming out and Cook said "can't comment on that" and tmz later edited the audio of the question.

*T*
    Thanks

I would find that offensive and wierd, and I would not watch the keynote if there was a hologram of jobs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    I would find that offensive and wierd, and I would not watch the keynote if there was a hologram of jobs.
    Yeah you would....

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flash66 For This Useful Post:

5kylar (05-23-2013), vinaygoel2000 (05-22-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The only way this would be acceptable (or believable for that matter) is if Steve Jobs himself left a message before his death to be delivered to the public later...perhaps even with instructions for it to be delivered in 3D. I do not believe this is likely, but plausible.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This would be cool if it happened before Tupac did his. His hologram looked pretty impressive. Now it would be like Apple trying to impress by doing a Tupac impression.

Thanks

That would be a combination of creepy disrespectful and goddamn cool

Also prerecording an announcement for a major product is the sort of thing Steve would do. He never liked his illness getting in the way of announcing big products so why would he let his death get in the way?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't even know what to say...
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken