+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Looks to One-Up the Competition with 'Xbox One'

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
On Tuesday, Microsoft lifted the veil on its next-gen voice-controlled video game console called the "Xbox One." According to Microsoft, its first gaming console in eight years packs exclusive video
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Microsoft Looks to One-Up the Competition with 'Xbox One'

On Tuesday, Microsoft lifted the veil on its next-gen voice-controlled video game console called the "Xbox One."

According to Microsoft, its first gaming console in eight years packs exclusive video and software content, not the least of which is a new "Halo" series produced by Steven Spielberg.

The Xbox One, which will be available later this year at a price to be announced, will also be the first platform to release the next installment in Activision Blizzard Inc's blockbuster shooter franchise, "Call of Duty".
    Already billed as the ultimate gaming and entertainment hub, Microsoft is clearly taking aim at rival entertainment platforms being cultivated by Apple and Google.

"The world's largest software company also sees the Xbox One as a broader strategic piece in the battle with Apple Inc, Google Inc and others to control consumer entertainment in the age of tablets and smartphones," reads a report by Bill Rigby and Malathi Nayak of Reuters.

Source: Reuters

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

And windows has officially beat apple in completely changing the living room. I wish Steve jobs was still alive. I am also starting to think the Apple TV is just a rumor and will never come to past.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itchybums For This Useful Post:

*T* (05-21-2013), Airwaves182 (05-21-2013)

Thanks

I'm loving the new Xbox definitely going to get it and I was there in Redmond, wa!
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MXCO For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (05-21-2013), dsg (05-21-2013)

Thanks
    Zzzz

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ttiger For This Useful Post:

*T* (05-21-2013), lilrican21 (05-21-2013), vinaygoel2000 (05-21-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Microsoft is picking up where Steve Job's Apple left off.
    With the surface Pro for business travelers to the living room entertainment of XBox One.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

I will be getting it!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbeezy81 For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

So bad, PS4 is everything it has plus more. Also, doesn't have a HUGE controller, and yearly payments for online.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
    So bad, PS4 is everything it has plus more. Also, doesn't have a HUGE controller, and yearly payments for online.
    The ps4 is a joke. They haven't even shown anything about it except the controller. Plus the 360 controller is probably the most comfortable controller I've ever used. And all I have to say about the yearly payments is you get what you pay for.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aenima133 For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

And that's why Playstations network gets hacked and shutdown for weeks lmao

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbeezy81 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If apple made an Apple TV that was effective... Possibly make a controller like the Wii U. A touchpad for controlling AND gaming plus the ability to run iPhone/iPad apps...

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 799 Posts

touch pads for gaming suck, I hate playing games on my iPhone because my fingers get in the way, they need to make eye control lol

Xbox for gaming all the way for me
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a long time PlayStation fan but tbh I think Xbox has won the best current console at the moment. Paying for Live is disappointing which I don't agree with but overall seems a better console. Just hope they don't put a silly price tag on top of it.
    Apple should make a game console but don't think I could afford yearly minor updates. Ha.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

or looks like people don't understand how ram works. we are going to end up work the same amount of free ram as the Xbox 360. and the name is absolutely retarded. now we have (technically) two Xbox ones. and let it be known that I used to be a huge Xbox fan until the ouya.

the PlayStation is there biggest joke every. why do were not know anything about it other than the controller and like two features? not to mention that they get shutdown every month for like a week. it's hilarious.
    Last edited by PokemonDesigner; 05-21-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Itchybums View Post
    And windows has officially beat apple in completely changing the living room. I wish Steve jobs was still alive. I am also starting to think the Apple TV is just a rumor and will never come to past.
    You do realize this is a gaming system with bells and whistles not many asked for?

Thanks

This thing is gross, first off it looks like someone slapped a cd drive into an old VHS player, secondly it's not backwards compatible with 360 games, and third, you have to pay extra $ if you want to play pre-owned games, on top of the fact they are still gonna charge u for xbox live so you can play online. Windows phone failed, windows 8 failed, and now xbox one is gonna fail. WTG Microsoft.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to thinknoffcenter For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (05-21-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone justinpotter81's Avatar
    Thanks

But why is so damn hideous?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

I think it's very nice and clean looking and with 8GB of memory along with everything else it will once again smoke Sony. And if you can't afford 4 dollars a month for the exclusive content and numerous other features of live then sit home and keep telling yourself PSN is better lmao.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thinknoffcenter View Post
    This thing is gross, first off it looks like someone slapped a cd drive into an old VHS player, secondly it's not backwards compatible with 360 games, and third, you have to pay extra $ if you want to play pre-owned games, on top of the fact they are still gonna charge u for xbox live so you can play online. Windows phone failed, windows 8 failed, and now xbox one is gonna fail. WTG Microsoft.
    These statements could be true for ps4 as well. We don't know because they haven't said anything about anything. They are going to wait for the reactions of the Xbox announcement and play the comforting role
    Last edited by jeffrow925; 05-21-2013 at 08:14 PM.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 799 Posts

it's not about what it looks like(unless staring at the console is how you play games??????????), it's about what it can do and they've only shown us what they can do with it, wait until it's in the real world and see what we can do
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Thanks
    Boo! No Back-wards Xbox 360 compatibility due to new system over-haul, additional fees for used games, and constant internet connection required... Sounds like Microsoft is doing the same thing it did with Windows 8, limiting your choice and making you take their "new and improved" version. Sounds like alot of BS! Let me be the first to say I will not be rushing out to buy one ;P