+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Looks to One-Up the Competition with 'Xbox One'

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by wolverinemarky apparently you will be able to play a campaign without internet if it has already checked that you have an internet connection that day or within
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    apparently you will be able to play a campaign without internet if it has already checked that you have an internet connection that day or within that 24 hour period. Its a case of MAJOR DRM to keep people from cheating the system with the games they buy or borrow from friends. they will check the copy of the game via their system to see if anyone else linked that game with their system and if they did you will have to pay to play that game on your system. Basically crippling Gamestop and Gamefly in the next generation
    Since when is borrowing a game from a friend cheating or illegal? This whole DRM thing is a joke! Only about 5% of console owners hack there systems to play Illegally. The security measures they have in place are good enough. All they have to do is require a firmware update for there newest games before you can play them, This is how it's done now. Takes too much work & time to keep patching your system every time new games come out, so most people simply don't bother to keep up. Microsoft is taking the wrong direction here, I hope they fail.
    Last edited by hogcia; 05-22-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 730 Posts

Well if its true then my friend can't borrow my game. That's kinda gay

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123