+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Looks to One-Up the Competition with 'Xbox One'

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by ZSakowski Boo! No Back-wards Xbox 360 compatibility due to new system over-haul, additional fees for used games, and constant internet connection required... Sounds like Microsoft is doing
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZSakowski View Post
    Boo! No Back-wards Xbox 360 compatibility due to new system over-haul, additional fees for used games, and constant internet connection required... Sounds like Microsoft is doing the same thing it did with Windows 8, limiting your choice and making you take their "new and improved" version. Sounds like alot of BS! Let me be the first to say I will not be rushing out to buy one ;P
    One more person I don't have to worry about in the line ahead of me!!
    http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3264/rantlogo.png

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

The constant Internet requirement to play ANY game is bull, it's gonna backfire. This will be an advantage for sony. I will stick with my powerful gaming pc, thank you.
    Last edited by hogcia; 05-21-2013 at 08:37 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    or looks like people don't understand how ram works. we are going to end up work the same amount of free ram as the Xbox 360. and the name is absolutely retarded. now we have (technically) two Xbox ones. and let it be known that I used to be a huge Xbox fan until the ouya.

the PlayStation is there biggest joke every. why do were not know anything about it other than the controller and like two features? not to mention that they get shutdown every month for like a week. it's hilarious.

If I'm not mistaken we know little to nothing about Xbox One other then it's great name choice, creatively styled case and that I better love watching TV. At least Sony has actually debuted gameplay footage from basically every game shown at their announcement. You know, what a gaming console is made for. E3 will only tell the true story and what actual GPU the Xbox One will have.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,052 Times in 1,693 Posts

They showed multiple gameplay videos today including Forza 5 which was IMHO as good as any PC.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Dummy For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (05-21-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone StuG III's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thinknoffcenter View Post
    This thing is gross, first off it looks like someone slapped a cd drive into an old VHS player, secondly it's not backwards compatible with 360 games, and third, you have to pay extra $ if you want to play pre-owned games, on top of the fact they are still gonna charge u for xbox live so you can play online. Windows phone failed, windows 8 failed, and now xbox one is gonna fail. WTG Microsoft.
    Could not agree more, why is tech going in such a ****** direction. This goes for a lot of things.

Thanks

Only because Sony dropped the ball so badly at their reveal a month ago can MSFT get away with this crap.

We don't have a price for either console.
    We don't have a release date for either console.
    Neither console can play its previous iterations' games.
    Both consoles feature instant-on and "multitasking", social media integration, external ecosystem media content, and motion-based gaming as features before "traditional" gaming.

The only thing we know about the PS4 as a physical device is that it's a black box. That's it. Also: GAEMS?! WAT GAEMS?! Square Enix showing footage from last year touched up a bit plus Bungie waxing poetic about cloud rendering doesn't count.
    The One (lol what a name...) requires Kinect to function. MSFT's refusal to describe how its mandatory game installations to hard drive (not expandable or user-replaceable, natch) will mesh with its second-hand game policy should be setting off klaxons in everyone's heads. The One in five words: TV. Sports. Call of Duty.

As a fairly hardcore, OG gamer type: it's a total mess. Apple's ATV hobby (and Google TV, and probably the entire Smart TV market) just got blown out of the water at the expense of traditional gaming.

Thanks

All I have to say is... HALOOOOOO!!!! Cannot wait for it oh and the console is cool.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to elitejelly For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (05-21-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 705 Posts

Idk very interested in Xbox but it really does look like a VHS player. It doesn't look like a ps3 either idk why people keep saying that. Both will be equally be great except one you'll have to pay for and the other you won't. Both will have 1 amazing feature that will tear us apart otherwise who cares you know exactly which one your gonna get no matter what

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Runt View Post
    One more person I don't have to worry about in the line ahead of me!!
    IF YOU BUY YOUR GAMES USED YOU MAY WANT TO READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY AN XBOX ONE

Microsoft Details Used Game Fees, Installation Requirements - IGN

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    They showed multiple gameplay videos today including Forza 5 which was IMHO as good as any PC.
    they showed trailers not gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by elitejelly View Post
    All I have to say is... HALOOOOOO!!!! Cannot wait for it oh and the console is cool.
    its not a Halo game its just a tv show

also XBOX One checks for an internet connection daily and without one you cant play even a single player campaign

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-requ...ay-o-509164109
    Last edited by wolverinemarky; 05-21-2013 at 10:40 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wolverinemarky For This Useful Post:

dsg (05-21-2013)

Thanks

What without a connection you can't play campaign. Wow that's weird

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 613 Posts

Yeah not being able to use it off line is bad, not too happy with the fee to play pre owned games either. I can see it getting hacked petty quickly, because of these kinds of limitation
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sirbebe's Avatar
    Thanks

When does ps ever shut down I have never had my playstation off line for more then half a day due to updates just saying. Even when its down for that moment in time I can still use the internet feature non stop for free. The live does look nice tho.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sirbebe View Post
    When does ps ever shut down I have never had my playstation off line for more then half a day due to updates just saying. Even when its down for that moment in time I can still use the internet feature non stop for free. The live does look nice tho.
    I think they were talking about when ps network got hacked. For like a week. But wasn't it shortly after the Xbox got hacked?

Thanks

Developer support and amazing games maketh a console.
    Halo= XBox
    Wanna keep playing Halo? You will need an XBox.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Microsoft please make this one with decent solder and components and a cooling system thats up to the job please ensure the lifespan of the bluray player lasts longer than a month and finally make it work as advertised!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Xbox one can only be compared to PS4. Why does MS mention Google and Apple, only, none of them have developed a game console. Is it a too easy comparison ? Imo, they are afraid of the real competition. Exclusive games, cross gaming, 3d blue ray, music, movies .. Sony !

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

*Remembers back when gaming was as simple as popping a cartridge into a box and pressing play*

This is exactly why I don't play videogames anymore. Waaaaay too f**king complicated and expensive. No backward compatibility after 8 years of the same sh1t? Really? Who sat down and said "Ya, This is a good idea"??? The sad part is people will still flock to get Microsoft's latest microdick in their mouths
    Last edited by 5kylar; 05-22-2013 at 09:16 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

It will probably break and face hardware failure prematurely just like all Microsoft products. Ps3 had all the home integration before Xbox and the ps4 specs blow the Xbox "one" (guess 720 was too difficult to market?) out of the water. After 3 broken Xbox 360's all the while my ps2 still kickin it's safe to say ill never purchase Xbox anything ever again.

Thanks

Yeah I've had the ps1 and ps2 and ps3 and none of them have broken. Never owned an Xbox but my friends broke twice. I guess I'll stick with sony

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    What without a connection you can't play campaign. Wow that's weird
    apparently you will be able to play a campaign without internet if it has already checked that you have an internet connection that day or within that 24 hour period. Its a case of MAJOR DRM to keep people from cheating the system with the games they buy or borrow from friends. they will check the copy of the game via their system to see if anyone else linked that game with their system and if they did you will have to pay to play that game on your system. Basically crippling Gamestop and Gamefly in the next generation