+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ready for Apple's iRadio? Don't Hold Your Breath

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Ready for Apple's iRadio? Don't Hold Your Breath

On Wednesday, Google introduced its long-anticipated Spotify competitor called All Access.

Described as a “unique Google approach” to subscription music, Google made the announcement during the keynote for the Internet search giant’s annual Google I/O developer conference.

Similar to popular music services Spotify and Pandora, Google's All Access has one major advantage in today's burgeoning streaming music market: it beat Apple to the punch.

For months we've been hearing chatter about Apple's forthcoming iRadio music service, which - when it finally does debut - will now have to compete with Spotify, Pandora, and All Access, not to mention a full slate of young, up and coming competitors in the space.

Making matters worse for Apple is the fact that the Cupertino, California-based tech giant is still nowhere close to being ready to launch iRadio. For now, The Verge reported Friday, Apple's efforts to secure adequate licensing rights are ongoing. In particular, Apple's negotiations with Sony are still underway and further delays for iRadio's launch are practically unavoidable.

Source: The Verge

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh well missed the boat. Now teach everyone how it's done with television!

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Why can't they just put an FM radio right into the phone? My old mp3 player used to have one for crying out loud. I don't like these internet radio apps cause they suck your data and bandwidth. I just download everything, solves that problem real quick

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    Why can't they just put an FM radio right into the phone? My old mp3 player used to have one for crying out loud. I don't like these internet radio apps cause they suck your data and bandwidth. I just download everything, solves that problem real quick
    A+ Im with u bro!!!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
    Oh well missed the boat. Now teach everyone how it's done with television!
    How? Everyone already owns a TV so doesn't matter what Apple do it won't be anything new.
    It will probably be like a smart TV but locked up so tight you can't do anything with it like the Apple TV.

Exactly. I already have about 5 old phones that had FM radio built in. Even Android phones have FM radios built in. Apple really need to see what is available now and make something better, not something equal to 5 year old tech.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default you bet
    Quote Originally Posted by adebeci View Post
    A+ Im with u bro!!!
    +1 to that too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I guess Apple is afraid that FM radio would take a huge bite out of their itunes music business

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Exactly, using data for radio sucks.

*T*
    Thanks

Hell no are u stupid! That's the worst idea I've ever heard

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

I still believe Apple will come out with a better service. Google once again, probably threw their crap together in order to beat Apple to a release.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to holyshnikes For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (05-20-2013)