+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rovio Teams Up with Sony for an Angry Birds Movie Slated for July 1 2016

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Rovio Teams Up with Sony for an Angry Birds Movie Slated for July 1 2016

Rovio Entertainment’s long-awaited Angry Bird movie finally appears to be coming to fruition. The company recently announced both a distribution partner and a release date for the film which is described as a 3D animated comedy. The company recently tweeted the following that revealed the news:

Rovio and @SonyPictures partner on Angry Birds movie distribution - Animated 3D comedy slated for July 1 2016! rov.io/13lHGQj
    Sony is the company that will be the global distributor of the film. According to Rovio CEO Mikael Hed; "Sony impressed us with their great attitude, determination, and professionalism. They convinced us that we have found the right partners and team to help us market and distribute our first motion picture.”

The company originally announced in December 2012 that the movie was slated for a mid-2016 release but had no stated distribution partner at the time. Despicable Me producer John Cohen will be producing the film and former Marvel Studios chairman, David Maisel, a senior adviser to Rovio, will remain as the executive producer of the film.

Are any of you excited to see something that started as a game on the iOS platform coming to the big-screen as a movie?

Source: Rovio (Press Release) (Twitter)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Err no why would i want to watch a bunch of small spherical birds sit in catapults and then smash into things they don't like.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't see the whole obsession around Angry Birds, there's nothing special about it. And 2016?! Would this fad and popularity still be in existent when that time comes?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    I don't see the whole obsession around Angry Birds, there's nothing special about it. And 2016?! Would this fad and popularity still be in existent when that time comes?
    Two amazingly valid points.

Thanks

I thought I was alone, Angry birds is well past it's sell by date.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm good.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfinalhack View Post
    Err no why would i want to watch a bunch of small spherical birds sit in catapults and then smash into things they don't like.
    Who said anything about you. I'm sure there are tons of little kids who would love to see it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (05-16-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Though to most adults the idea of an Angry Bird movie seems a bit ridiculous, but the kids will most likely LOVE IT! Rovio has taken this franchise to the stratosphere! I mean, there's an Angry Bird version of EVERYTHING out there, (trust me, my kids find them all! lol) The brand is obviously very popular and lucrative... So why not swing for the fences and go for a major motion picture???

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    I agree. Quite honestly, what would the movie be about and Angry Birds doesn't really have a plot besides the pigs stole the eggs and the birds are mad? It would be impossible to make a 2 hour movie about Angry Birds because it will probably bore people to death before it's over.

Don't get me wrong though, Angry Birds is fine for a quick fix of boredom as a phone game, but a movie is pushing it as Angry Birds was meant to be a game, not a movie.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

One kid = Three movie tickets.

Thanks

This has gone too far.