+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Coffee with Tim Cook Auctions For $610,000

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
In late April, MMi reported that CharityBuzz, a web-based company that raises funds for nonprofit organizations through online charity auctions that often involve high-profile celebrities, posted for auction a rare
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Coffee with Tim Cook Auctions For $610,000

In late April, MMi reported that CharityBuzz, a web-based company that raises funds for nonprofit organizations through online charity auctions that often involve high-profile celebrities, posted for auction a rare opportunity to meet with Tim Cook over coffee in Cupertino.

With proceeds benefiting The RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights, a meeting with the Apple CEO was believed to have an estimated value of $50,000. Today, the auction closed. And the coffee meeting with Cook was sold for an astronomical sum.

Following 86 bids, coffee with Cook went to an anonymous bidder who paid $610,000 for the opportunity. Although this charitable meeting still doesn't compete with what some pay for lunch with billionaire investor Warren Buffett (lunch with Buffett sold for $3.45 million last year), it's impressive nonetheless.

As of this writing, we don't know why the bidder was willing to pay so much for the meeting. Perhaps he really loves the cause. Or Apple. Or just coffee.

Source: CharityBuzz

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It was me but I meant to put a decimal, 610.00 fml.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This sort of wasteful spending is seldom seen outside of Washington D.C.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Stupid.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

How is something that works for human rights stupid? What am I missing here? I think it's a good cause. Please explain why is this stupid. Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

I couldn't be paid to have 1,000 cups of coffee with this idiot. He screwed apple when steve jobs died.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    I couldn't be paid to have 1,000 cups of coffee with this idiot. He screwed apple when steve jobs died.
    Your right. Apple has plummeted. The phones are made of pure crap and the design and feel of iOS feels nothing like what Steve jobs started.

Gotta love some of the ignorance around here.

Also if you think that Steve's vision is gone with his death then wow.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Your right. Apple has plummeted. The phones are made of pure crap and the design and feel of iOS feels nothing like what Steve jobs started.

I agree that the products are going downhill a bit but Apple hasn't been without Steve long enough to have any effect on the products...
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree completely, with Steve jobs products we're about quality, making a lasting impression, with Tim cook seems its all about apple stock and profit, iPhone should be a lot farther ahead then it is, along with iPads, desktops etc,
    Example iPad mini with low resolution, if u didn't see a retina one coming the next year your gullible and that shows they care more about profit now then quality

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djarkiz View Post
    I agree completely, with Steve jobs products we're about quality, making a lasting impression, with Tim cook seems its all about apple stock and profit, iPhone should be a lot farther ahead then it is, along with iPads, desktops etc,
    Example iPad mini with low resolution, if u didn't see a retina one coming the next year your gullible and that shows they care more about profit now then quality
    I was being completely sarcastic. Apple products are not going down hill. They get better and better.

The iPad mini is awesome!!! Releasing it with the same resolution as the iPad 2 was a smart move I think. If they would have made it retina every app dev would have to make there apps compatible. So what better to do than release a product that works with every iPad app out.

Now that its proven its success I believe a retina version will come out and I'll sell mine and get one.

And let's not be ignorant. Apple (and everyone tech company) are all out to make money anyway they can.

Laughing that people thought I was serious with that response. Thought it was pretty obvious it was a troll response lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

I was being completely sarcastic. Apple products are not going down hill. They get better and better.

The iPad mini is awesome!!! Releasing it with the same resolution as the iPad 2 was a smart move I think. If they would have made it retina every app dev would have to make there apps compatible. So what better to do than release a product that works with every iPad app out.

Now that its proven its success I believe a retina version will come out and I'll sell mine and get one.

And let's not be ignorant. Apple (and everyone tech company) are all out to make money anyway they can.

Laughing that people thought I was serious with that response. Thought it was pretty obvious it was a troll response lol
    Ya and that's the difference I wasn't being sarcastic, I feel apple should be so much farther ahead of the curve but their not, I understand its about money obviously, doesn't mean u have to take quality out of your products
    I'm super glad I didn't buy an iPad mini, waste of money, that's my opinion =)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djarkiz View Post
    Ya and that's the difference I wasn't being sarcastic, I feel apple should be so much farther ahead of the curve but their not, I understand its about money obviously, doesn't mean u have to take quality out of your products
    I'm super glad I didn't buy an iPad mini, waste of money, that's my opinion =)
    Not sure how apple products have lost quality. But if that's how you feel that's how you feel