+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Amazon Puts Some Serious Coin into Battling Apple

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Amazon Puts Some Serious Coin into Battling Apple

Amazon is giving away what amounts to "tens of millions" of dollars worth of virtual currency in a comprehensive effort to generate app downloads on one of the iPad's top rivals - the Kindle Fire.

Every Kindle Fire owner in the U.S. is getting $5 worth of free Coins deposited directly into their Amazon account. As part of the launch, customers can also purchase Coins in bulk and receive a discount up to 10%

For customers, Amazon Coins is an easy way to purchase apps and in-app items on Kindle Fire, and for developers it’s another opportunity to drive traffic, downloads and increased monetization.
    Amazon is hoping that its Coins will spark a huge wave of purchases for apps, games and in-app items in the Amazon Appstore and on Kindle Fire.

“Today we are giving Kindle Fire owners $5 worth of Coins to spend on new apps and games, or to purchase in-app items, such as recipes in iCookbook, song collections in SongPop or mighty falcon bundles in Angry Birds Star Wars. And with discounts of up to 10% when you buy Coins, this is a great way for customers to save money when they buy apps, games and in-app items,” explains Mike George, Vice President of Apps and Games at Amazon. “We will continue to add more ways to earn and spend Coins on a wider range of content and activities—today is Day One for Coins.”

Amazon says its Appstore developers will earn their standard 70% revenue share when customers make purchases using Amazon Coins.

Source: Amazon

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol. I have 5 $ now in my account. don't think i want to download lousy apps though.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    lol. I have 5 $ now in my account. don't think i want to download lousy apps though.
    Matter of fact the AppStore needs to come up with some nice apps as well. I have $125 in my iTunes but no good app to buy that I don't have already. I could shed $30 on Pages, Numbers and the Keynote but don't see the use quite yet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Coins. Really... ? Well last ditch efforts are in need I guess.