+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Begins to Roll Out the Two-Step Verification System Worldwide

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Begins to Roll Out the Two-Step Verification System Worldwide

Apple recently introduced its two-step identification verification system to 13 near countries as part of a worldwide rollout. Apple ID account holders in these nations are also granted access to the heightened security feature that was first deployed in March. The features which were previously limited to the U.S., U.K., Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand are now being made available to those in Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italy, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Germany, Mexico, the Netherlands and Russia.

As of right now, itís unclear if additional countries have seen activations, as Appleís FAQ page has yet to be updated to reflect the new availability. With the two-step verification enabled though, any time a user signs in to the My Apple ID webpage to make changes, or purchases content from iTunes on a new device, they are prompted to enter their password and a 4-digit verification code. The code is then sent to a trusted device, such as an iPhone or iPad, through the Find My iPhone app. Owners of other handsets receive codes via an SMS text message instead.

There is a recovery key that is provided in the event that the phone tied to the account has been lost or stolen. Although itís not a completely foolproof security solution, the additional step provides an added safeguard against malicious users or attempts to break into a userís Apple ID.

Source: Apple (Support) via 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

In app purchases, just because of the way they are priced embody capitalism in the app store which m totally against.
    So what do i do?
    I install localiapstore and make them free.
    I dont mind buying an app but u tell me that even after buying it, i cant play it fully, then u have another thing coming to you.
    And the new freemium model that they've developed, well if an app is free then its free. There's no grey area. Its in a way false marketing if they list it under free and then charge me thru ohh-so-subtle in app purchases to even move to the third level. Not gonna happen.

Its like a restaurant advertising heavily for '100% FREE FOOD' (the app) and then telling the consumers that to use the cutlery (in app purchases) they have to pay $500 (are IAP's ever modestly priced?). The consumers do have another option, they can make their own cutlery but they have to do it inside the restaurant using scrap metal and just their hands ( just like the initial difficulty of the game which makes it almost like a compulsion to use their cutlery/IAP).
    Had i knows abt the whole setting, i probably wudnt have planned to eat there ( or download the game).
    My point is that either something doesnt cost u (the right use of 'free') or it does. Period.
    Last edited by Mohit555; 05-11-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
    In app purchases, just because of the way they are priced embody capitalism in the app store which m totally against.
    So what do i do?
    I dont mind buying an app but u tell me that even after buying it, i cant play it fully, then u have another thing coming to you.
    And the new freemium model that they've developed, well if an app is free then its free. There's no grey area. Its in a way false marketing if they list it under free and then charge me thru ohh-so-subtle in app purchases to even move to the third level. Not gonna happen.

Its like a restaurant advertising heavily for '100% FREE FOOD' (the app) and then telling the consumers that to use the cutlery (in app purchases) they have to pay $500 (are IAP's ever modestly priced?). The consumers do have another option, they can make their own cutlery but they have to do it inside the restaurant using scrap metal and just their hands ( just like the initial difficulty of the game which makes it almost like a compulsion to use their cutlery/IAP).
    Had i knows abt the whole setting, i probably wudnt have planned to eat there ( or download the game).
    My point is that either something doesnt cost u (the right use of 'free') or it does. Period.
    I agree with you completely. I believe that In-App Purchases are 100% misleading and only lead to rip offs. If you go to the top charts in the App Store right now, you'll have a tough time finding an app that doesn't include In-App Purchases. Although I wish this could be abolished, there's no way that it will. Developers are making far too much money off of In-App Purchases opposed to if they made it a paid app. They get more publicity and more mindless purchases. Even if there was some kind of action taken against Apple for this, Apple would fight it with all they've got due to the fact that In-App Purchases is now making them more money then paid applications altogether.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

+1...

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh dear where do I begin with this.

So what do i do?

You disagree with something so you opt to STEAL it? Congratulations, you're an "Loving Caring Human Being". You are 100% entitled to disagree with the freemium model. Many people are. It's ok to not like it; there's advantages and disadvantages to it. There's still plenty of developers that choose a "premium" approach and you should look em up and support them whenever you get a chance! Not liking it however doesn't give you the right to steal. It never will. You want to speak with your wallet? Don't play those games. It's that simple!

Do you have ANY console released in the last decade? Has you NEVER bought DLC for anything ever? Not every IAP is a cash-grab. Many freemium games even have IAP as an entirely OPTIONAL feature. Take the Nimblebit guys for example. Almost all their games are "freemium" time wasters. I've played Tiny Tower and Pocket Planes more than I care to admit. I have NEVER spent a dime on them. The events are rewards are generous enough to never feel crippled for not spending money.

There's no grey area? Are you insane? Have you ever heard of a demo/trial period? Shareware? Freeware? This has been a "thing" for decades. Only now iOS has made it incredibly profitable for developers (you know, the guys MAKING the games?) to make applications are games as accessible as possible to as many people as they can.

Your analogy is terrible but it made me realize the crux of your problem. You're playing the wrong games. There's plenty of developers out there who DO release crap games that are nothing more than excuses to rob you with endless IAP. They do NOT in any way represent the entirety of freemium gaming. Don't play those games! Crap by Gameloft or Zynga. If you download one of them and feel misled or burnt by it - RATE IT ONE START, DELETE IT AND MOVE ON. Hell, even on games like Real Racing 3 which caught some flack based on its IAP model the IAP is 100% completely and entirely avoidable.

No one if forcing you to play those games. If you have to resort to stealing/installing crap to bypass paying IAP to play a game designed around paying IAP, then the problem isn't with the IAP and is in fact entirely with you. Justifying theft while attempting to keep a moral high ground for not spending money on IAP is terrible and you should feel bad about it.

Developers need money to continue supporting and making games. IAP often provides them with an extra source of revenue which can sometimes be completely optional to the consumer. They're "thank you" for entertaining me for hours.
    Last edited by Cowboy; 05-12-2013 at 09:03 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this why I can't download or instal any free apps? I keep getting asked to create 3 security questions which I shouldn't need to do in order to download a free app.