Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Boosts the Promotion for its 50 Billion App Download Contest

Thanks

Default Apple Boosts the Promotion for its 50 Billion App Download Contest

Apple previously announced a new contest leading up to the 50 billionth downloaded app. The lucky person who downloads the 50 billionth app will receive a $10,000 gift card redeemable on the App Store. Going even a step further than that, Apple also announced that it will also be awarding $500 App Store gift cards to the people who download the first 50 apps after the 50 billion threshold has been reached.

The Cupertino California company recently boosted the awareness for their contest by promoting it on their Apple.com homepage. The homepage currently features a revolving series of photos which aim to illustrate just how big the 50 billion mark is. Among the photos is a snapshot of the Earth accompanied with the tagline, “With 50 billion steps, you could walk around the Earth more than 800 times.”

Other photos include one with the Great Wall of China, which is accompanied with the tagline, “With 50 billion bricks, you could build 12 Great Walls of China.” There is also a photo which notes that "counting to 50 billion would take someone 1,600 years.” As of right now, the meter on Apple’s website says we’re about halfway over the 49.6 billion download mark so in a few days, a group of people will be getting quite lucky.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Is the countdown in real-time? I remember them sayin the countdown is just for viewing purposes or something....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adz2010 View Post
    Is the countdown in real-time? I remember them sayin the countdown is just for viewing purposes or something....
    That would be correct. It is not real time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adz2010 View Post
    It's not real. I'm not even sure how the system works because it says it's a contest, and you don't even need to download an app to win it.

Honestly guarantee this goes to a Chinese person... Not racist just fact ahha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteacup For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (05-12-2013)

With all the cash apple has you think they could give a better deal then this... Maybe first 500 people after get $500...

Thanks

$10grand for AppStore purchases?? In 10 years i'd still have over 9 grand :]

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    With all the cash apple has you think they could give a better deal then this... Maybe first 500 people after get $500...
    This comment is really stupid. Apple isn't entitled to give us anything, yet you complain.

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    That would be correct. It is not real time.
    So the post is kinda irrelevant when it says "As of right now, the meter on Apples website says were about halfway over the 49.6 billion download mark".

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    This comment is really stupid. Apple isn't entitled to give us anything, yet you complain.
    Did I say they were? No. In MY opinion I said they should. No where in my post did I say they are entitled to us. Matter of opinion buddy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

apple is cheap as hell. how do you have that much cash and not giveaway a mac or iphone or ipad. Honestly they should be giving away one of all of their products. completely make someone a ios user. laptop, desktop, phone and tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman View Post
    apple is cheap as hell. how do you have that much cash and not giveaway a mac or iphone or ipad. Honestly they should be giving away one of all of their products. completely make someone a ios user. laptop, desktop, phone and tablet.
    they are giving u app store credit because their money is not theirs to give. its the company's property and is divided up in dividends. basically they're not allowed to give company funds to random people because every share holder is entitled a fraction of it and its basically giving away the shareholders money.

Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman View Post
    10k should be able to buy you all of that

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    10k should be able to buy you all of that
    If only you could use that 10k at the apple store but unfortunately it's for apps,movies etc

This is all marketing BS for Apple. The 50 billionth app has probably been downloaded already and the counter has been timed to hit 50 billion right around keynote time next month so they can announce it with a keynote bullet point. Then the foreigner who has no known friends or relatives (probably a ghost) wins the prize! Has anyone here known one person that has won one of these milestone prizes?

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    This is all marketing BS for Apple. The 50 billionth app has probably been downloaded already and the counter has been timed to hit 50 billion right around keynote time next month so they can announce it with a keynote bullet point. Then the foreigner who has no known friends or relatives (probably a ghost) wins the prize! Has anyone here known one person that has won one of these milestone prizes?
    lol thats exactly what i think too! No-one ever knows the person that wins these sort of competitions

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Adz2010 For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (05-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    There are 7 billion people on this planet and say about half a billion are in this contest. It's pretty arrogant of you to think you'd know the winner.

Thanks

The 50 billionth app downloader has been announced. HER name was Justin Bieber, from Hollywood, CA.