Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
05-08-2013, 12:56 AM #1
Microsoft Updated to Provide Office 365 Support to Office for Mac 2011 Users
Microsoft recently updated Office for Mac 2011 to run on machines with Apple’s OS X, with bug fixes, features and compatibility with the Office 365 subscription service. The latest Office for Mac 2011 version 14.3.4 includes a variety of feature additions that brings the application suite somewhat up to par with its Windows counterpart. This even includes bug fixes for compatibility issues that previously hindered interoperability between PC and Mac versions of Word, Outlook and other titles.
One of the more important things is the ability for Office for Mac 2011 to integrate with Office 365, a subscription service that offers users access to the latest Office software updates, as well as SkyDrive cloud storage and SharePoint access for Word. Overall the fixes included in the new version can be found below:
- Coauthoring session with Microsoft PowerPoint Web App and Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac
- After token expires, does not prompt for credentials in Microsoft Outlook for Mac
- Calibri Light font not included in Office for Mac
- SetupUI is shown to user on start after Office for Mac is already activated
- Saving files to SkyDrive and SharePoint in Microsoft Word for Mac
- Folder contains excess white space: Error 1025 in Outlook for Mac
- XLIST command that is used by Gmail is deprecated in Outlook for Mac
- Local group mail cannot be sent in Outlook for Mac
- Remote devices lose control while in Presentation Mode in Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac
- File format extension support in PowerPoint for Mac
- Searching continues after user cancels in Outlook for Mac
- Items go into Junk Mail in Outlook for Mac
- Blocked Senders List under Junk Email Protection in Outlook for Mac
Existing owners must have version 14.1.0 or higher installed on a machine running OS X 10.5.8 or later to take advantage of the newest Office for Mac 2011 version. Office 365 currently requires an Intel Mac and OS X 10.6 or higher. The download is available through Auto Update or Microsoft’s website. The download will be available through Auto Update or at Microsoft’s website for those of you who are interested.
05-08-2013, 10:25 AM #2
I definitely wouldn't say that this brings the Mac version inline with the windows version. Outlook still needs a lot of help.
05-08-2013, 10:36 AM #3
05-08-2013, 03:17 PM #4
I don't think it will ever be on par with Office for PC. That would not be a good move for MS. That would be like Apple making a Windows 7 application just as good as an iOS application. In the end, im hoping they get more integration as it is definitely needed.