+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Share of the Mobile Web Widens

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Piper Jaffray is out with a new report which indicates that Apple's share of the mobile Web is growing wider and wider, leaving Android further behind in a race that
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple's Share of the Mobile Web Widens

Piper Jaffray is out with a new report which indicates that Apple's share of the mobile Web is growing wider and wider, leaving Android further behind in a race that Apple is clearly winning.

Gene Munster says iOS retained the lead over Android as a source of mobile traffic for the second month in a row. For April, the report shows, iOS captured nearly 70% of all the traffic analyzed by Piper Jaffray. Android captured only a 26% share.

The news is somewhat surprising, particularly in response to the fact that there are more Android devices in operation than iOS devices. So what's behind the iOS web share surge? Munster offers up a few possibilities: (1) the report was only U.S. based - where Android is weaker. (2) On a day-to-day basis, iOS users are more "engaged" with their devices than their Android counterparts (3) The report included both smartphones and tablets. The iPad's share of mobile Web traffic is well ahead of Android's.

"For the second straight month in our tracking of the data, iOS gained on Android as a source of mobile traffic," Munster says. "We believe the traffic data continues to demonstrate that iOS is not only the leading platform in the US, its users are generally more engaged with their mobile devices."

Source: CNET

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

It's because android users are to busy flashing roms to find something that fully works than actually use the phones lol

Thanks

it's funny i hardly EVER use my Browser for the Net, most of the time I'm just using Social Apps or Media app, but nothing that requires me to Browse the Net. But it's a Apple & Samsung world with each bringing out something new & sometimes bringing out the same features just reinvented for the Mass.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    it's funny i hardly EVER use my Browser for the Net, most of the time I'm just using Social Apps or Media app, but nothing that requires me to Browse the Net. But it's a Apple & Samsung world with each bringing out something new & sometimes bringing out the same features just reinvented for the Mass.
    I use mine in a daily basis, I go to gizmodo. If they had an app I wouldn't use it either.