+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 7 Said to "Ship On Time" Despite Apple's Internal Delays

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default iOS 7 Said to "Ship On Time" Despite Apple's Internal Delays

According to a new report, although Apple is allegedly reassigning personnel to expedite development of iOS 7, the next-generation mobile operating system for the iPhone and iPad will still meet the company’s internal deadlines. The details are coming from anonymous sources who spoke with John Paczkowski from All Things D. The Cupertino California company’s current efforts to finish iOS 7 are “not as much of a fire drill” according to one source, which added that “It will ship on time.”

Based on what Paczkowski was told, iOS 7 promises to be a “pretty big update” for Apple’s mobile operating system. Apple is said to be showing off iOS 7 at this year’s Worldwide Developers Conference, something the company has publicly confirmed. The recent report indicated the following:

Evidently the spartan, elegant aesthetic that (head designer Jony) Ive has developed around Apple's hardware is now being brought to bear on its software, as well.
    The report pretty much reaffirmed much of what was mentioned in an earlier report originally released by Bloomberg, which revealed that Ive is overseeing “dramatic changes” to the iOS platform. Of the features pointed out were the native Calendar and Mail applications as items that may be seeing a significant shakeup. A target of Ive’s is said to be the “skeuomorphic” design embraced by his predecessor, Scott Forstall, who previously oversaw iOS development. Skeumorphism refers to design elements that are made to resemble real-life objects, such as the leather texture employed in Apple’s Find My Friends application.

Sources from All Things D’s suggest that iOS 7 won’t be delayed like the previous report had mentioned. Apple typically makes a beta version of its next-generation operating system available to developers at WWDC, and ships the final software to users later in the year alongside the launch of the next-generation iPhone. John Gruber of Daring Fireball was the first to report that Apple was struggling to implement its planned changes in time for the launch of iOS 7. It was revealed that Apple had pulled OS X 10.9 engineers from their work to lend a hand in getting the mobile OS ready in time for its debut.

Ultimately we’ll just have to wait and see what’s to come of the whole situation by being patient.

Source: AllThingsD

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Bet it'll have enough bugs as well.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spooneditr View Post
    are you aware of an operating system that had absolutely no bugs at all at launch?

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no dough about that. I've been trying to get mountain lion fixed iv phoned apple 4 times on the problem. the problem is folder auto rearranging when iv got all folders set to none the files in the folder are rearranged back to where. Plus auto grid is on. But I've got it turned off. What a mess

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully that means jailbreaking opportunities. I miss the iPhone OS days when jailbreaks grew on trees.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
    Hopefully that means jailbreaking opportunities. I miss the iPhone OS days when jailbreaks grew on trees.
    Same here... Hopefully some of the exploits they saved are still applicable too... I can't handle another six-month wait like that of iOS 6... That's the reason why I didn't get the iPhone 5... I had waited so freakin long, I figured I might as well wait for the 5S... But if it takes that long again, I might be stuck with my freakin 4S forever. Or, God forbid, I might have to jump ship to Android?! Oh the horror!

Green Apple
    Thanks

If they have changed it a lot the exploits may have been burned but let's hope not!

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    There is no dough about that. I've been trying to get mountain lion fixed iv phoned apple 4 times on the problem. the problem is folder auto rearranging when iv got all folders set to none the files in the folder are rearranged back to where. Plus auto grid is on. But I've got it turned off. What a mess
    Backup and do a fresh reinstall - link

Thanks

Fantastic news can't wait take it for a spin. Most recent bug estimates are approximately 10 poorly written calls per 1000 lines of instruction. No body is perfect and regardless of your programming experience theirs always a more efficient way of achieving the same result.
    If it's Jailed set it free...

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

What if (and I'm being way to optimistic here) the final build ships at WWDC with the iPhone 5S released the same day, now that's something I'd love.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

I hate to be a downer and I like apple but who else thinks they changed a few textures in the apps and that's it? The ui still prolly gonna look the same. Not enough change to see a big difference but we will see

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpySod View Post
    If they have changed it a lot the exploits may have been burned but let's hope not!
    And probably new ones will have been created. But you’re right. If the old exploits are patched, then we are probably looking at setting a new record for waiting for a jailbreak.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I hate to be a downer and I like apple but who else thinks they changed a few textures in the apps and that's it? The ui still prolly gonna look the same. Not enough change to see a big difference but we will see
    I'm kind of afraid that's all they're going to do as well. I think it'll be more than that though, I bet Ive's and co have done some deeper changes to the OS.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    Same here... Hopefully some of the exploits they saved are still applicable too... I can't handle another six-month wait like that of iOS 6... That's the reason why I didn't get the iPhone 5... I had waited so freakin long, I figured I might as well wait for the 5S... But if it takes that long again, I might be stuck with my freakin 4S forever. Or, God forbid, I might have to jump ship to Android?! Oh the horror!
    Do what I do, shop on Ebay - ask the seller what verson of ios they are running, some state, some don't. If they don't answer, keep looking.

Yes, you will pay more than your subsidized upgrade at carrier, but you can find one on 6.1.2 or less if you look, then sell yours, especially if jailbroke the same way, you will come out about the same.

I just did this, needed another Ipad 4 with 32gb, just looked, asked, and found one for sale, never activated so still on 6.0.1 (the initial release). I could care less about 6.1. somethings, so jailbroke it and running great.

There is always a way, you don't have to wait years for them to catch up

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nmoreman For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (05-08-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    Do what I do, shop on Ebay - ask the seller what verson of ios they are running, some state, some don't. If they don't answer, keep looking.

Yes, you will pay more than your subsidized upgrade at carrier, but you can find one on 6.1.2 or less if you look, then sell yours, especially if jailbroke the same way, you will come out about the same.

I just did this, needed another Ipad 4 with 32gb, just looked, asked, and found one for sale, never activated so still on 6.0.1 (the initial release). I could care less about 6.1. somethings, so jailbroke it and running great.

There is always a way, you don't have to wait years for them to catch up
    I do the same thing when buying or selling iDevices. I always ask because (especially at the current point in time) devices that can be jailbroken tend to fetch a higher price.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't wait. I might take the loss of my JailBreak for iOS 7 if its really worth it and there is a workaround to get into the Betas again.

Thanks

There had better be more than a poorly copied version of Microsoft Metro in ios 7. Having used Google Now for a few days, I'm impressed with its fantastic functionality and clean bur innovative/intuitive design. WTF Apple, what happened?