Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Release OS X 10.9 with New Power User Features

Thanks

Default Apple to Release OS X 10.9 with New Power User Features

With only one month away from Apple’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference, there are new details on the upcoming OS X 10.9 operating system. According to 9to5Mac, the update will focus on the “power user” features and a few other concepts. The new operating system reportedly uses the codename “Cabernet” and has a slew of enhancements.

Some new enhancements include the addition of tabs and tags in Finder, improved speed, efficiency, and page loading for Safari, and lastly the ability to open two or more apps and viewing them in fullscreen mode on multiple monitors. As of right now, you can only use one fullscreen app for each computer no matter how many monitors are set up.

Although we won’t be seeing a totally new interface for OS X 10.9, reports suggest that there will be a handful of changes. The new report from 9to5Mac also indicates that new ideas are being worked on for multitasking which may be included in the new operating system:

According to one source, Apple has been testing a new multi-tasking system for OS X that is similar to the quick-app-switcher function on iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches. The multitasking feature will be functional for applications in the background, according to this person. Additionally, Apple could use app-pausing technologies from iOS to pause background application processes in OS X. This is significant as full performance could be given to foreground apps, which could help optimize battery life on Apple’s notebook computers.
    Along with the OS X 10.9, Apple is also expected to launch iOS 7 during the 2013 WWDC, which is taking place from June 10th to the 14th in San Francisco. We’ll have to wait and see what new and exciting things Apple has in store for us.

Source: 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

OSX Cabernet. That sounds epic.

Thanks

so i guess they're done naming os x after cats? I'm gonna miss my furry felines... haha

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    so i guess they're done naming os x after cats? I'm gonna miss my furry felines... haha
    It's just a codename. The codename is never the official name for the OS.

I'm secretly hoping for Mac OS 10.9 House Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by letmusicring View Post
    It's just a codename. The codename is never the official name for the OS.

I'm secretly hoping for Mac OS 10.9 House Cat.
    I'd like to have Mac OS Cougar on my Mac..