Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Charitable Coffee Date with Tim Cook Draws $560K Bid

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Charitable Coffee Date with Tim Cook Draws $560K Bid

On Wednesday, MMi reported that CharityBuzz, a web-based company that raises funds for nonprofit organizations through online charity auctions that often involve high-profile celebrities, recently posted for auction a rare opportunity to meet with Tim Cook over coffee in Cupertino.

With proceeds benefiting The RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights, a meeting with the Apple CEO was believed to have an estimated value of $50,000. As of Wednesday, the highest among a handful of bids was just $14,000.

Today, after 78 bids, the leading bidder is now Clearcrate.com, which is offering $560,000 for the meeting with Cook. This is, by far, the biggest attraction in the history of CharityBuzz. The previous fundraising record was set by a meeting opportunity with former President Bill Clinton (it fetched some $40,000).

But with more than two weeks to go before the auction ends, someone else can still out-bid Clearcrate.com for the coffee date with Apple's boss.

Source: CharityBuzz

Thanks

Wow! I think i'd rather have 560,000 iPhones than have lunch with Mr Cook..thanks for the offer though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

Clearcrate.com is in 3rd place now

Alavosa WINNING $575,000
    Last edited by crouching; 04-26-2013 at 12:27 PM.

I rather pay that much to see Steve Jobs instead of Tim Cook.

Thanks

It is now 580k

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Wow! I think i'd rather have 560,000 iPhones than have lunch with Mr Cook..thanks for the offer though.
    I would, too. You could sell them all, have lunch with Cook, and still have millions left over.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Since it shows the usernames, it's a good way to show off your website cause people will be like, oh they bid half a million, lets check see what their website is all about. That is unless I'm the only one who thought about this.

Ego driven maniac cook.

what is this world is coming to ?
    $580k to just have a coffee with someone.. it's not even a romantic date but just a basic coffee date ?
    Why do people idolize those things so much ? all that money just because he's the former apple CEO ? BUT then again he sh*ttt , he cries, he eats vagina, or eve gay just like the rest of us.. He cries, He eats, He does everything that a normal human being do. Why wasting so much money when that money can be used to save thousands of lives in other countries ? IM UPSET

10. The Following User Says Thank You to roudinan91 For This Useful Post:

GuiltyGearIsaac (05-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by roudinan91 View Post
    what is this world is coming to ?
    $580k to just have a coffee with someone.. it's not even a romantic date but just a basic coffee date ?
    Why do people idolize those things so much ? all that money just because he's the former apple CEO ? BUT then again he sh*ttt , he cries, he eats vagina, or eve gay just like the rest of us.. He cries, He eats, He does everything that a normal human being do. Why wasting so much money when that money can be used to save thousands of lives in other countries ? IM UPSET

I don't understand your comment. After all, isn't this for charity???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EJB1188 View Post
    Since it shows the usernames, it's a good way to show off your website cause people will be like, oh they bid half a million, lets check see what their website is all about. That is unless I'm the only one who thought about this.
    Actually you're not the only one

605K still for the past two weeks. Gonna see if it gets higher within the last hour for bidding it.