Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook Teases New Apple Products This Fall

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Tim Cook Teases New Apple Products This Fall

For the last six months, Apple has been hearing one criticism more consistently than all others. From Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, to a cadre of high-profile Wall Street analysts, Apple keeps hearing that it needs to innovate, innovate, and innovate some more.

Amidst widespread expectations that Apple would only refresh familiar products in 2013 and hold off on entering new product categories until 2014, investors have continued to pound AAPL this year in response to the company's apparent innovation stagnation.

But during Apple's Q2 2013 earnings call this afternoon, Apple CEO Tim Cook set the record straight on Apple's plan for the rest of 2013. "The most important objective for Apple is developing innovative products," Cook said, stopping short of revealing what these products may be.

For the first time this year, Cook has been candid in telling reporters and investors that new products are in the pipeline for "the fall and all of 2014," reiterating on the call that "a lot more surprises in the works."

Source: CNBC

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

"A lot more surprises" had better be more than resized old stuff, embedding Facebook and Twitter in iOS, and stupidly pursuing Jobs' legal grudges. And even more than an iWatch, though I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised by even that.

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    "A lot more surprises" had better be more than resized old stuff, embedding Facebook and Twitter in iOS, and stupidly pursuing Jobs' legal grudges. And even more than an iWatch, though I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised by even that.
    Definitely hear what you're saying here. However, an iWatch will definitely be enough to get the ball rolling at least this fall. If the only surprise we see is a stupid iPad Mini with Retina, then I will lose a lot of my faith in Apple.

I want new products NOW! NOT, this fall. Of course Apple is gonna admit that new products are on the pipeline, they are hurting!

I'm hoping for a phablet size iphone

Well it's a definite there bringing new iPhone 5s and the new mini with retina. But through the year they'll probably do the iMac retina. Iwatch (idk how they can make it amazing) itv. The stupid beetle thing. That's all I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
    I'm hoping for a phablet size iphone
    Like a note. That would be awesome

Wozniak has to wait on line like the rest of us for an iPhone. Who cares what he thinks?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (04-24-2013)

The iWatch, iCar, and probably the iRefrigerator

Please no iPhablet for the love of god no, i hate the size of the gsIII/IV, let alone the note 2, But an iWatch and an iTv would be lovely

Thanks
    Thanked 3,177 Times in 1,362 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum View Post
    Definitely hear what you're saying here. However, an iWatch will definitely be enough to get the ball rolling at least this fall. If the only surprise we see is a stupid iPad Mini with Retina, then I will lose a lot of my faith in Apple.
    Other companies are looking to create Android watches and they will most likely push them out before Apple. Then Apple will just look like they can't innovate...again.

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Wozniak has to wait on line like the rest of us for an iPhone. Who cares what he thinks?

The Woz CHOOSES to wait in line like the rest of us. If he really wanted to, I'm sure he wouldn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by garfielgato2 View Post
    The iWatch, iCar, and probably the iRefrigerator
    +1

Wait for it.......iContact, this will blow Google Glass out of the water! An LCD screen that sits on one eye that is transparent in the way Glass is.

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Please no iPhablet for the love of god no, i hate the size of the gsIII/IV, let alone the note 2, But an iWatch and an iTv would be lovely
    To be honest I like the 4.8 inch phones. Makes viewing web pages so easier. Only if android has a browser I liked as much as mobile safari...

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    The Woz CHOOSES to wait in line like the rest of us. If he really wanted to, I'm sure he wouldn't have to.
    All he chooses to do is seek out attention. Otherwise he'd have his phone delivered to him at home.
    Last edited by bigbaba; 04-24-2013 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Other companies are looking to create Android watches and they will most likely push them out before Apple. Then Apple will just look like they can't innovate...again.
    I think, in most cases, when that happens the apple products are so much better. You usually see the quality that Apple puts into it and then realize the Android version was just thrown together for quick money. That's not how Apple works.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to holyshnikes For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (04-24-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highboi View Post
    Like a note. That would be awesome
    Please no! That would show apple is trying to follow trends not set them.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum View Post
    Wait for it.......iContact, this will blow Google Glass out of the water! An LCD screen that sits on one eye that is transparent in the way Glass is.
    What happens when the battery catches on fire?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm confused. . . . .

Why are people so bent in getting Apple to make something "new"?

No offense but is he gay ? He looks that way in the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielVox View Post
    I'm confused. . . . .

Why are people so bent in getting Apple to make something "new"?
    Because we're greedy. In Apple's 30+ years they have only really had 4 revolutionary innovations (Apple II, iPod, iPhone, iPad). Now people are wanting something revolutionary every year, and it's just not feasible.

I would bet money that even if Jobs were alive now Apple would still be in the same position (declining stocks, perceived stagnant innovation, etc.), except people wouldn't be as fussy because they trusted Jobs. Poor Tim Cook is just in a bad situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast