+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Posts Strong Q2 2013 Earnings

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple has just reported earnings for its second fiscal quarter of 2013 and the results were better than expected. Apple Earnings came in at $10.09 EPS on $43.60 billion revenue.
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Posts Strong Q2 2013 Earnings

Apple has just reported earnings for its second fiscal quarter of 2013 and the results were better than expected.

Apple Earnings came in at $10.09 EPS on $43.60 billion revenue. Expectations called for $10 EPS and $42.33 billion in revenue. The Mac maker also announced a dividend of $3.05 a share, expanding its share repurchase program to $60 billion (from the $50 billion announced last year).

Ahead of today's earnings report, investor optimism was certainly less than buoyant. Abhey Lamba, a senior equity research analyst at Mizuho Securities, told CNBC that there are muted expectations for Apple this year are at least partially due to the fact that only product refreshes are likely on tap.

"We're not expecting (new products) this year," Lamba said. "For value investors it's important for the company to leverage its balance sheet to return more cash to shareholders and be more aggressive on buybacks. For now, they need to embrace value investors until they can prove that they can create new product categories. That's when growth investors will come."

Source: CNBC

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

And yesterday were the assumptions apple had a poor quarter -_-

*T*
    Thanks

I've read writing by my 12 year old brother that was better than this. For one, you COMPLETELY messed up the statistic about the buyback program: according to the WSJ, last year's buyback program was only TEN billion, not the FIFTY billion in this article. The amount you screw this up is equivalent to the entire GDP of many small countries.

Secondly, your grammar is flawed in the last sentence of the second paragraph. You attempted to link 2 unrelated subjects by a comma.

Essany, you need to step up your game. Is it really that much to ask to proofread your work?
    Last edited by *T*; 04-23-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks

Messany always posts crap "articles/stories" just to get hit counts I'm sure. He can't be that incompetent, or can he?! Take anything he, or any analyst says with a grain of salt.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Interesting that the profits were so strong apple actually had a drop in earnings for the first time in 10 years.

Time to check your sources I think!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pegitt View Post
    Interesting that the profits were so strong apple actually had a drop in earnings for the first time in 10 years.

Time to check your sources I think!
    It's all manipulation by analyst, by saying Apple didn't meet their expectations. Apple has not mentioned how many units they plan to sell, but this analyst will pull some random number out of their a$$es and then if Apple doesn't sell said amount, everyone is quick to say that Apple is doing bad, even though they have posted profits, quarter after quarter. it's all BS

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

By not launching a spring product for the first time in a few years, your going to have a decrease in sales. Not even news on osx 10.9 leads us to believe that right now, apple has nothing up their sleeve and are putting all their biscuits into one basket. Maybe that basket is a TV, or an iwatch. Lets all pray that it's the TV!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22274324

Here's what the beeb said about it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default E-Peen Flex!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    I've read writing by my 12 year old brother that was better than this. For one, you COMPLETELY messed up the statistic about the buyback program: according to the WSJ, last year's buyback program was only TEN billion, not the FIFTY billion in this article. The amount you screw this up is equivalent to the entire GDP of many small countries.

Secondly, your grammar is flawed in the last sentence of the second paragraph. You attempted to link 2 unrelated subjects by a comma.

Essany, you need to step up your game. Is it really that much to ask to proofread your work?

Do people like you really have nothing better to do? Don't like it? Don't read it.... jesus....

It's like you need to flex your little kid E-Peen of english to feel good about yourself. Grow up and do your job. Let the people on this website do theirs.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by striker77 View Post
    Do people like you really have nothing better to do? Don't like it? Don't read it.... jesus....

It's like you need to flex your little kid E-Peen of english to feel good about yourself. Grow up and do your job. Let the people on this website do theirs.
    The man does have a point. While perfection is not expected, if Messany's facts are indeed wrong then anyone has the right to call him out on it.

And how can he decide if he doesn't like an article if he does not read it first? Just sayin'