+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Donates $8 Million for Earthquake Relief in China

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple on Monday pledged to offer financial assistance to the Chinese following a deadly weekend earthquake in the city of Ya'an, China. This morning, Apple issued a statement of support
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Apple Donates $8 Million for Earthquake Relief in China

Apple on Monday pledged to offer financial assistance to the Chinese following a deadly weekend earthquake in the city of Ya'an, China.

This morning, Apple issued a statement of support to the Chinese people:

At this difficult time, our hearts are with the victims of the Sichuan earthquake. Aside from the cash donation to help the affected people to tide over their difficulties, we are committed to providing new Apple devices to schools in the disaster area, and Apple employees in the locality are on stand-by at any time to help.
    Apple has reportedly pledged $8 million in recovery efforts, which will be ongoing for quite some time. The 7.0. quake took place on Saturday, killing close to 200 people (as of this writing) with thousands of other citizens injured or missing.

Apple has also launched a memorial image for the victims on the homepage of its Chinese website.

Similarly, Apple's biggest tech rival Samsung pledged its support to the Chinese, with Samsung China president Zhang Yuanji saying that “Samsung China is always with the Chinese people through thick and thin, to tide over the difficulties.”

Sources: Apple, National Geographic
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 04-22-2013 at 01:56 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    $8 Million! WOAH! Don't spend everything you found under the couch at the Apple Headquarters!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tha1youshouldfear For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-22-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tha1youshouldfear View Post
    $8 Million! WOAH! Don't spend everything you found under the couch at the Apple Headquarters!
    Lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone 8lias's Avatar
    Thanks

$8 mil may seem small compares to the billions in the bank but $8 mil is a lot more than nothing.

Green Apple
    Thanks

instead you tell that why you not donate U$ 1.00 is more than nothing.....
    Live Wire

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well gee lets ask Bill Gates how much he donates in charity and relief every year... Apple would go out of business.

Thanks

Would you prefer they don't donate anything at all? How much have you yourself donated?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Donate, yea sure. This is how business works in china. They need money. You have it. You pay up. Or you will find it hard to continue to do business in china. This will help apple win favor in future patient lawsuits, get permits approved, etc. this is not a donation it's a bribe.

Thanks

I see nothing wrong with this. Have any of YOU donated to a relief? how about ....ummmmm...idk...say the Sandy Storm relief?; i did, i donated as much as i could financially. The fact that they donated that show's something. Now did Bill Donate? probally not, to busy trying to Fix Windows 8 so that when 9 comes out, it's a little LESS crappy, hence their failed experiment the Surface...lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Well gee lets ask Bill Gates how much he donates in charity and relief every year... Apple would go out of business.
    Apple has between $150 and $200 BILLION in CASH RESERVES. That's not including stocks, they have that in cash. Yeah... I think they're doing okay

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Great job Apple I hope things get back to normal quickly for everyone over there!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It just seems like the trolls are out on this, complaining about the amount and judging intentions.

It's a humanitarian response to a disaster. And unbelievable nasty responses are unacceptable. It is not our purpose to judge, we should be grateful that large corporations help when they can, not judge the amount or reasons

How much have you people given to tis or other needy situations? Tell us and I'm sure you can get some of these same responses on your generosity, or lack of

Green Apple
    Thanks

Very commendable but why. Perhaps it's because China will make them more money. There are other disasters that also need help but I suppose they're not such a financial interest. A synical but logical view!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    There was an earthquake?
    Nothing in life is easy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    it just seems like the trolls are out on this, complaining about the amount and judging intentions.

It's a humanitarian response to a disaster. And unbelievable nasty responses are unacceptable. It is not our purpose to judge, we should be grateful that large corporations help when they can, not judge the amount or reasons

how much have you people given to tis or other needy situations? Tell us and i'm sure you can get some of these same responses on your generosity, or lack of
    exactly!!!