Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple to Launch Products That Will "Surprise and Shock Us All" According to Woz

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,378
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 144 Times in 129 Posts

    Default Apple to Launch Products That Will "Surprise and Shock Us All" According to Woz


    Apple co-founder, Steve Wozniak, is confident that Apple’s share price will rise again even though it’s been falling short at the moment, due to future products that will “surprise and shock us all.” According to Woz at the Login technology conference in Vilnius, Lithuania:

    Apple's stock price is a little low right now. Over time I’ve seen Apple go up or down 2x over a few months. It’s very disappointing because if you look at the amount of cash that Apples holds that cash translates to one to two hundred dollars per share of stock just in cash form. So the expectations are a little lower even than they expect.

    But where are the profits of the whole industry though? They are still with Apple and profits are all that really matter in the long run. Apple’s business model tends to be new products, even products that didn’t exist before and doing well out of them and not re-making the same thing, as eventually that just gets a little bit stale. So I would guess that Apple is very well prepared, and working on new things that are going to surprise and shock us all.
    Though Woz admitted that he had no idea what these products may be, at the conference, he envisioned future computers being so powerful that they will deliver us “to a place of perfect happiness”. He claims that computers should save us from a lot of thinking and that it’s a good thing. He also talked about hopes for voice recognition on smartphones being more powerful and more common.

    Woz was nostalgic about the times him and Steve Jobs hacked hardware projects for friends. He also said that he gave up trying to figure out what Apple’s next big thing was because it’s all just rumors that are untrue. He no longer asks key insiders what they are doing next.

    Source: TechCrunch

    Twitter: @AkshayMasand

  2. #2
    iPhoneaholic Norb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mountain View, California
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 51 Times in 31 Posts

    Really hope this is all true and that all these analysts look like morons with their predictions. So tired of hearing baseless guesses...

  3. #3
    QUOTE "He claims that computers should save us from a lot of thinking and that it’s a good thing."
    A good thing? I thought kids are dumber today than 20 years ago so in another 20 years we will be de-evolving where monkeys will be smarter than us thanks to computers?

    Its NOT a good thing when we rely on computers to do things that we should be doing. Whats going to be happening in 20 years? Are we going to be taking a smart phone to the shops just so we can add up how much things cost together?

    We already have a world of fat people because of the TV remote control. Now we have a generation of morons because we have computers do to things for us. Well that and they smoke too much weed. Both things make kids dumb.

    Want to get smart, stop the weed and turn off that smart phone. Think for yourself and get off that couch. You will be fitter, smarter and just a better person.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b1997469 For This Useful Post:

    kosher1 (04-21-2013), se23 (04-20-2013)

  5. #4
    Perhaps you should change your completely misleading headline to "someone who admits to not having the slightest idea what is actually going on guesses Apple might have something vaguely interesting in the pipeline, or not".

    You guys make the reporters on The Sun (uk) seem professional.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to baskie For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (04-20-2013)

  7. #5
    I'm so sick of this guy using his past with Apple just to get attention. He claims Apple has big things coming but admits he knows nothing. Why doesn't he just dance topless to get attention. This douche is worse than snookie from jersey shore and the other wannabe celebs who make sex tapes
    Last edited by bigbaba; 04-20-2013 at 03:15 AM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbaba For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (04-20-2013)

  9. #6
    What's Jailbreak? At3eS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Iran
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    QUOTE "He claims that computers should save us from a lot of thinking and that it’s a good thing."
    A good thing? I thought kids are dumber today than 20 years ago so in another 20 years we will be de-evolving where monkeys will be smarter than us thanks to computers?

    Its NOT a good thing when we rely on computers to do things that we should be doing. Whats going to be happening in 20 years? Are we going to be taking a smart phone to the shops just so we can add up how much things cost together?

    We already have a world of fat people because of the TV remote control. Now we have a generation of morons because we have computers do to things for us. Well that and they smoke too much weed. Both things make kids dumb.

    Want to get smart, stop the weed and turn off that smart phone. Think for yourself and get off that couch. You will be fitter, smarter and just a better person.
    The base goal of technology is to make people dumber as they think they are smarter than before

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to At3eS For This Useful Post:

    se23 (04-20-2013)

  11. #7
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    QUOTE "He claims that computers should save us from a lot of thinking and that it’s a good thing."
    A good thing? I thought kids are dumber today than 20 years ago so in another 20 years we will be de-evolving where monkeys will be smarter than us thanks to computers?

    Its NOT a good thing when we rely on computers to do things that we should be doing. Whats going to be happening in 20 years? Are we going to be taking a smart phone to the shops just so we can add up how much things cost together?

    We already have a world of fat people because of the TV remote control. Now we have a generation of morons because we have computers do to things for us. Well that and they smoke too much weed. Both things make kids dumb.

    Want to get smart, stop the weed and turn off that smart phone. Think for yourself and get off that couch. You will be fitter, smarter and just a better person.
    Basic fact of life: The less you need to think of stuff - the more you will think of other stuff. This is the only way forward. You can take every invention in life as an example. Just because you are forced to think less about obvious stuff doesn't mean you will stop thinking at all.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dainelli For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (04-20-2013), King_O_Hill (04-21-2013)

  13. #8
    "he envisioned future computers being so powerful that they will deliver us “to a place of perfect happiness”

    Material things don't bring happiness and never will you'll always be left wanting more. People bring happiness.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (04-20-2013), se23 (04-20-2013)

  15. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    QUOTE "He claims that computers should save us from a lot of thinking and that it’s a good thing."
    A good thing? I thought kids are dumber today than 20 years ago so in another 20 years we will be de-evolving where monkeys will be smarter than us thanks to computers?

    Its NOT a good thing when we rely on computers to do things that we should be doing. Whats going to be happening in 20 years? Are we going to be taking a smart phone to the shops just so we can add up how much things cost together?

    We already have a world of fat people because of the TV remote control. Now we have a generation of morons because we have computers do to things for us. Well that and they smoke too much weed. Both things make kids dumb.

    Want to get smart, stop the weed and turn off that smart phone. Think for yourself and get off that couch. You will be fitter, smarter and just a better person.
    I wish I had a perfect life like yours...computers ruined mine....the tv remote didn't make humans fat...every country uses tv remotes and they're still more fit than us. It's the processed foods that we are addicted to. The world we are living in is becoming more and more adaptive to how we live. That's the way the world and civilization has always been. Civilitaztion wont always survive super long but at least it will survive for a while. Putting the smartphone down will not make anyone smarter and that is a very foolish way to think to make someone smarter. That's almost as if someone were to say that the hammer is making someone dumber because its making their life easier bc hammering nails to stick pieces of wood together is making their life too easy. Our world is fine in this computer age and our children aren't doomed. Every generation has a negative outlook on the next in terms of being dumb, spoiled, etc. but the younger generations always progress and learn something new that the older never could. Accept that people will always evolve on the grand scale.

    The only argument ill agree with for computers making people dumb is that it's a distraction during class and homework. This is true and if I were a teacher I simply wouldn't allow it in my class.

    Did u know that using computers to do things is an exercise for your brain? The human brain loves figuring out other ways of doing things, and logic based learning is the fastest way for ones mind to grow. Video games are another heavily attacked source of entertainment bc the older generation who "grew up just fine without it" like to demonize it. Video games are actually a HUGE way to boost your mind's logic based thinking. Look up actual research don't just assume what you're hearing on tv is true. Also, weed is a great thing. Makes one forget quite a bit but I don't think anyone out there ever claimed to be smarter on it. I'm actually surprised you kept booze out of your statement. That stuff's actually legal!

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redline11786 For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (04-20-2013), King_O_Hill (04-21-2013)

  17. #10
    QUOTE "He claims that computers should save us from a lot of thinking and that it’s a good thing."

    Oh no! Idiocracy (2006) movie is really going to come true!

  18. #11
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Wait until they become Self Aware...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (04-21-2013)

  20. #12
    My iPhone is a Part of Me se23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    848
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by At3eS View Post
    The base goal of technology is to make people dumber as they think they are smarter than before
    I die a little inside when parents think their kids r so smart because they can use an iPhone :S

  21. #13
    I don't know where these dumb people are. My kid is in 4th grade and just started learning algebra. I didn't start algebra until 8th grade.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (04-21-2013), King_O_Hill (04-21-2013)

  23. #14
    My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    567
    Thanks
    558
    Thanked 120 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    I thought kids are dumber today than 20 years ago [remainder of rant deleted]
    Wow, did you also have to walk uphill to school in the snow in the dark 5 miles when you were a kid? Anyway, thanks for proving that the older generation is more idiotic than the younger gen.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to buggsy2 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (04-21-2013)

  25. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    QUOTE Whats going to be happening in 20 years? Are we going to be taking a smart phone to the shops just so we can add up how much things cost together?
    I do this now... I think we can all do basic math alone but who wants to wait and calculate the precise amount w/ tax in their head? Pretty sure we all use some sort of calculation device to figure out precise costs and if not the register does Just saying if you're still using pen&paper why do you own a smart phone?

    I agree we shouldn't rely on computers but theres a reason you buy a SMARTphone!!!

  26. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by redline11786 View Post
    I wish I had a perfect life like yours...computers ruined mine....the tv remote didn't make humans fat...every country uses tv remotes and they're still more fit than us. It's the processed foods that we are addicted to. The world we are living in is becoming more and more adaptive to how we live. That's the way the world and civilization has always been. Civilitaztion wont always survive super long but at least it will survive for a while. Putting the smartphone down will not make anyone smarter and that is a very foolish way to think to make someone smarter. That's almost as if someone were to say that the hammer is making someone dumber because its making their life easier bc hammering nails to stick pieces of wood together is making their life too easy. Our world is fine in this computer age and our children aren't doomed. Every generation has a negative outlook on the next in terms of being dumb, spoiled, etc. but the younger generations always progress and learn something new that the older never could. Accept that people will always evolve on the grand scale.

    The only argument ill agree with for computers making people dumb is that it's a distraction during class and homework. This is true and if I were a teacher I simply wouldn't allow it in my class.

    Did u know that using computers to do things is an exercise for your brain? The human brain loves figuring out other ways of doing things, and logic based learning is the fastest way for ones mind to grow. Video games are another heavily attacked source of entertainment bc the older generation who "grew up just fine without it" like to demonize it. Video games are actually a HUGE way to boost your mind's logic based thinking. Look up actual research don't just assume what you're hearing on tv is true. Also, weed is a great thing. Makes one forget quite a bit but I don't think anyone out there ever claimed to be smarter on it. I'm actually surprised you kept booze out of your statement. That stuff's actually legal!
    You're joking right?
    A hammer??? You use your brain to add when you have no calculator, I'm guessing you use a computer to hammer nails in?
    How many times have you been to a store and worked out how much change you're due in a few seconds but watched the teller and noticed that even for the simplest of sums he still has to use the till.
    An increasing number of people do not do low level thinking anymore because they have a device to do it for them.
    Your post doesn't have enough thinking in it. Go back to class.

  27. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    You're joking right?
    A hammer??? You use your brain to add when you have no calculator, I'm guessing you use a computer to hammer nails in?
    How many times have you been to a store and worked out how much change you're due in a few seconds but watched the teller and noticed that even for the simplest of sums he still has to use the till.
    An increasing number of people do not do low level thinking anymore because they have a device to do it for them.
    Your post doesn't have enough thinking in it. Go back to class.
    The invention of the hammer was a progressive move that opened up other people minds to invent and use more tools. This kind of thinking is milestone and is kind of what we're going through now in this digital age. Computers are acting as a tool to progress us into much deeper understanding of everything. And if one doesn't see that happening then one is blind.

    All I'm saying was that computers are going to ultimately push our societies minds further and further. Just like the invention of the hammer did...that was just an example I used to try to get my point across but I guess that was too complex of an example.

    The store clerk thing has happened to me several times but why attack the clerk? Could it be maybe anxiety got in the way since the clerk really doesn't want to be wrong and give you the wrong change? I'm sure u think just fine under pressure and have never made a dumb mistake with simpler operations.

    Sorry I had to break this whole thing down for you. I don't have to go back to class, I think I'm fine with my masters. I've spent too much time in class and it's time to apply. Don't go around attacking people statements because you don't understand them. Simply, and politely ask for clarification.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to redline11786 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (04-21-2013)

  29. #18
    An iPhone 5s with an updated home button, camera lens and re located charging port!? Lmao

  30. #19
    I understood your point. It was badly put across.
    Not using your brain is what causes it to get lazy. Computers are great at getting us to do this. Yes they can help but people use them when they don't need to, far too regularly.

  31. #20
    Default +1
    Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    "he envisioned future computers being so powerful that they will deliver us “to a place of perfect happiness”

    Material things don't bring happiness and never will you'll always be left wanting more. People bring happiness.
    I couldn't agree less.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •