+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Launch Products That Will "Surprise and Shock Us All" According to Woz

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence I understood your point. It was badly put across. Not using your brain is what causes it to get lazy. Computers are great at getting us
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,398 Times in 6,354 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    I understood your point. It was badly put across.
    Not using your brain is what causes it to get lazy. Computers are great at getting us to do this. Yes they can help but people use them when they don't need to, far too regularly.
    Still don't get it, but that's ok, the rest of us will be just fine.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Banned
    Thanks

shock and surprise = iPhone running Android OS.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This guy is only significant only if Apple do well, of course he wishes Apple have something amazing coming out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    QUOTE "He claims that computers should save us from a lot of thinking and that itís a good thing."
    A good thing? I thought kids are dumber today than 20 years ago so in another 20 years we will be de-evolving where monkeys will be smarter than us thanks to computers?

Its NOT a good thing when we rely on computers to do things that we should be doing. Whats going to be happening in 20 years? Are we going to be taking a smart phone to the shops just so we can add up how much things cost together?

We already have a world of fat people because of the TV remote control. Now we have a generation of morons because we have computers do to things for us. Well that and they smoke too much weed. Both things make kids dumb.

Want to get smart, stop the weed and turn off that smart phone. Think for yourself and get off that couch. You will be fitter, smarter and just a better person.
    Well I smoke weed, use my iPhone constantly, and use the remote. Everything you said is so untrue about me. I have a bachelor's in CIS, work for a Fortune 500 company, and I'm extremely fit (I use to play football).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    I die a little inside when parents think their kids r so smart because they can use an iPhone :S
    I agree!!
    Even monkeys can use an ipad. If that makes them look smart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UrghArgh View Post
    By Woz's own admission, that's exactly what he was spouting: baseless guesses. So you're hoping that his baseless guesses are true over another's baseless guesses.
    We'll see, I respect what he says way more that any analyst. Woz might actually know something that he can't disclose, can't say that about any of the so called industry analysts.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    shock and surprise = iPhone running Android OS.
    Let's not pretend that if Apple does make a market for something new, Google and all your other brand loyalties will be sure to make their own version. So keep talking, but really you and all your android cronies have benefited from Apple indirectly.

Quote Originally Posted by At3eS View Post
    The base goal of technology is to make people dumber as they think they are smarter than before
    Only if you don't take advantage of any time saved. If you think that the best thing your brain is for is repeated remedial tasks that an app can be written for, then keep on doing it and see how far that takes you.
    Last edited by Norb; 04-22-2013 at 11:08 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    Let's not pretend that if Apple does make a market for something new, Google and all your other brand loyalties will be sure to make their own version. So keep talking, but really you and all your android cronies have benefited from Apple indirectly.
    Not really, since apple has always been late to the game when it comes to features. If anything, you and the rest of the flock have benefited from Google and most importantly the jailbreak community.
    from my rooted Droid DNA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Not really, since apple has always been late to the game when it comes to features. If anything, you and the rest of the flock have benefited from Google and most importantly the jailbreak community.
    Unfortunately Android would not be what it is if it was not for iPhone and iPad. All the crap that Google added and Jail-breaking community added is just a small icing, lets not be diluted and not give credit where credit is due. If it wasn't for the iPhone you'd all be using a device that looks very similar to a blackberry.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12