+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Survey Reveals 19% of Consumers Show Interest in Purchasing Apple's "iWatch"

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Survey Reveals 19% of Consumers Show Interest in Purchasing Apple's "iWatch"

A new survey recently discovered strong consumer interest for a hypothetical “iWatch” from Apple, with 19% of consumers declaring themselves “likely” to buy such a device. The recently published data from ChangeWave Research on Friday that found that 5% of consumers considered themselves “very likely” to purchase a smart watch from Apple for themselves or someone else. Another 14% indicated they are “somewhat likely” to do the same.

This is compared to roughly 18% of consumers polled in January 2010 said they were likely to buy a hypothetical Apple tablet, with 4% of those being “very likely.” Another poll conducted in 2005 found that the number of people interested in purchasing an Intel-based Mac was the same number, 18%.

The survey seems to bode well for an “iWatch,” if Apple were to actually release such a product. When looking at the results for the iPad, which are similar to those of the ‘iWatch,” it leaves hope as the iPad has dominated the tablet landscape since its launch in 2010, fending off a number of copycats and newcomers alike, while the company’s switch to Intel chips has also played a strong role in boosting Mac sales to new heights for the platform.

One of the strong factors that drives interest in an Apple smart watch is loyalty to Apple, as 18% of “likely” buyers said they trust Apple. Another 16% said they are most interested in the convenience a smart watch would offer, while 14% were interested in the “cool factor,” and 11% said they were interested in how easily they believe such a device would interact with other Apple products.

Rumors of an Apple smart watch began to pick up steam earlier this year, when a number of reports claimed that the company is developing a wearable wrist accessory. One of the reports claimed that the company has a 100-person team working on the project. Interest in smart watches continues to intensify after the Pebble raised well over $10 million in financial backing on Kickstarter last year. Since then, Google, LG, Microsoft and Samsung are all working on their own smart watches.

Source: ChangeWave Research

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Banned
    Thanks

I dont wear a watch but I will wear a smart watch but NOT an Apple one. I hate the way they have treated the iPhone so I'm not going to buy anything Apple again.
    As I hate them I'm not going to give them anymore money as thats just stupid.
    I DONT hate the iPhone, I hate Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ha Ha, you hate a company, (an entity), that's funny.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    Ha Ha, you hate a company, (an entity), that's funny.
    comon Apple i can not wait to get one of these and add it to my Apple arsenal.

Thanks

Hahaha..... That's funny I know you love to eat apples b1997469 and tridley68's right you hate the company not apple itself lolz as I love Apple products!!! I'm an apple guy 4Lif3... iWatch hmmm... I will get one 4sho

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    upgrade the iphone first os all.i can't stand watches so if i bought one it would be a waste and 19% is not high

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

So a new watch every year...