+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Board Member Bill Campbell Airs Thoughts and Hints at "iWatch"

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Board Member Bill Campbell Airs Thoughts and Hints at "iWatch"

In a recent talk at Intuit’s headquarters, the company chairman and Apple board member, Bill Campbell, aired his thoughts on the intersection of technology and “intimate” objects, which he expects will yield a new era of personal electronics. Campbell spoke with Intuit CEO Brad Smith at the firm’s Mountain View headquarters, with the wide-ranging discussion moving from product design to behind-the-scenes management techniques according to Bloomberg Businessweek.

Campbell offered some insight into the future of personal tech during the conversation, including the effect technology will have on devices he referred to as “intimate.” He specifically told those in attendance to expect to see “a lot of things going on with the application of technology to really intimate things.” Here, he gave an example of Google Glass, the search giant’s wearable computing device that takes the form of a head-mounted display – a system which he referred to as a “phenomenal breakthrough.” According to him:

When you start to think about glasses or watches, they become as intimate as the cell phone was.
    The Cupertino California company is rumored to be working on a so-called “smart watch” that can connect with iOS devices, possibly offering a secondary display and control unit for products like the iPhone. Campbell’s hints allude towards the possibility of the “intimate” device being a smart-watch.

Campbell also touched on Nest, the company founded by Tony Fadell, the creator of the iPod, saying that he was impressed with the firm’s success. Last but not least, the Apple board member gave some advice to product managers, who Campbell said should model themselves as “editors” and work closely with engineers to see a project come to fruition. Examples of effective leaders according to him include Steve Jobs and Jack Dorsey.

Source: Bloomberg Businessweek via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

'Intimate' makes it sound dirty

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwraw8482 For This Useful Post:

Paswrd (04-13-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    'Intimate' makes it sound dirty
    What are you, 12? Go back to junior high and get off the internet. Not to mention, intimate is exactly the opposite of 'dirty' in that sense.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think this would be a welcome addition to the Apple family can not Waite to see the results

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tridley68 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-13-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Any new fresh ideas are welcome!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post
    What are you, 12? Go back to junior high and get off the internet. Not to mention, intimate is exactly the opposite of 'dirty' in that sense.
    It was just an opinion. Relax buddy.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

Colwood (04-13-2013), vinaygoel2000 (04-13-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why the hell are you so angry? It was a joke. Lighten up.

Thanks

I really hope they announce an iWatch no later than September. I am really looking forward to buying a stylish watch soon

Thanks

I don't think you get the "sense" in which he spoke. Because it made perfect "sense" to me...