Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Laurene Powell Jobs to Promote Immigration Reform in an Interview with Rock Center

Thanks

Default Laurene Powell Jobs to Promote Immigration Reform in an Interview with Rock Center

Laurene Powell Jobs, Steve Job’s widow, will be speaking out on behalf of young undocumented immigrants during in an interview with Rock Center’s Brian Williams. The NBC show will be the first major outlet Powell Jobs has spoken to since the passing of her husband according to Cult of Mac.

NBC posted a clip from the upcoming Rock Center segment where Powell states the following:

So I started getting more and more active around immigration reform because this was such a waste of lives, such a waste of potential, such a waste for our country not to have the human capital that we developed, geared towards improving our entire society.

And so we need all of these brains. We need all that energy. And indeed, there are estimates that integrating dreamers into our economy will give a boost of over $300 billion. So it’s an expansive act. There’s not zero sum here.
    Although the interview with the Rock Center may be her first primetime appearance, Powell Jobs has been an active advocate for quite some time. She was featured in Yahoo’s news blog The Lookout previously when her website dedicated to promoting “Dream Act” immigration reform went live. She’s been highly active in furthering her philanthropy causes and was even invited to attend the 2012 State of the Union Address as a guest of First Lady Michelle Obama.

Those of you who are interested in watching the full interview can do so Friday night at 10:00pm EST/9:00pm CST.

Source: NBC via Cult of Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Wow it really surprise me that she takes the time to think whats going on with 12 million people struggling to live a better quality of life wonder what is the real reason!!

5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelangelv View Post
    Wow it really surprise me that she takes the time to think whats going on with 12 million people struggling to live a better quality of life wonder what is the real reason!!
    They are here illegal give them a sandwich and send them back and keep sending them back till they come into this country correctly this arrival has nothing to do with I phones or Jailbreaking and does not belong here my 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    5)

They are here illegal give them a sandwich and send them back and keep sending them back till they come into this country correctly this arrival has nothing to do with I phones or Jailbreaking and does not belong here my 2cents.
    Agree this is an "phones or jailbreaking place" but the world its just not one country and its not just about playing with your iphone inform your self learn history, politics etc.. You'll be surprise
    Not just because you watch Zero Dark thirty you think your are touch lees
    We are all the same and every body deserves a try for a better life!!

Default Heart,that is what she has and i might add a compassionate one.
    Wow what a compassionate and smart woman.Instead of trying to figure out what her real motive is why not try to see the value an undocumented would be to this country.Whether you like it or not there will be a comprehensive immigration law passed.Read the news and quit trying to read minds!!

Quote Originally Posted by mexeagle View Post
    Wow what a compassionate and smart woman.Instead of trying to figure out what her real motive is why not try to see the value an undocumented would be to this country.Whether you like it or not there will be a comprehensive immigration law passed.Read the news and quit trying to read minds!!
    You misunderstood me I'm hoping for a law to pass I do agree I was once undocumented but most of the people not all but most of the politicians and powerful people do things either for more power, to be elected for a political purpose or money

You mean the value of us having to learn Spanish because after illegally living here for years, most still do not learn English?

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    You mean the value of us having to learn Spanish because after illegally living here for years, most still do not learn English?
    No one is asking you to speak Spanish or any other language,but you are the lesser for it if you don't.This country has grown globally, it is to your benefit to learn a different language in order to compete.I am a second generation Mexican who is bi-lingual, as are most of my American born Mexican friends we have no problem speaking English.If you have been reading the immigration debate, that is one of the provisions that will be instituted if that becomes law.As one example i have a friend who is Irish American and speaks Japanese.got a great job in Japan translating for a scientific company.The problem is Anglos do not want to or, have patience to talk to some one of a different color.Try it some time the world will be better for it.America is a land of immigrants,we all fit into that boat.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mexeagle For This Useful Post:

Miguelangelv (04-12-2013)

No one is asking you to speak Spanish or any other language,but you are the lesser for it if you don't.This country has grown globally, it is to your benefit to learn a different language in order to compete.I am a second generation Mexican who is bi-lingual, as are most of my American born Mexican friends we have no problem speaking English.If you have been reading the immigration debate, that is one of the provisions that will be instituted if that becomes law.As one example i have a friend who is Irish American and speaks Japanese.got a great job in Japan translating for a scientific company.The problem is Anglos do not want to or, have patience to talk to some one of a different color.Try it some time the world will be better for it.America is a land of immigrants,we all fit into that boat.
    If you wish to be prejudice against Anglos, that is your choice. I am referring to someone's respect for the country they are living in. If I where to move to France, I would certainly learn French to become a more productive and valued member of that society. Employers are now asking for bilingual speakers for positions that normally would not require it, due to people not learning the dominant or the official language of the country and/or state.
    Last edited by Perceptum; 04-12-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks

5)

i totally agree. i couldn't have said it better myself.

5)

I totally agree... I couldn't have said it better myself!

5)

5)

5)

I totally, 100% agree with that... I couldn't have said it better myself!

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post

I honestly hope you guys always have the life you got right now, while you are playing with your phones there is people out there working hard risking their life's not because they have a choice but because they want a better life for their family trust me if they could come legally" they would, its not a choice to risk your life and pay 5000 dollars in addition!!!!

I honestly hope you guys always have the life you got right now, while you are playing with your phones there is people out there working hard risking their life's not because they have a choice but because they want a better life for their family trust me if they could come legally" they would, its not a choice to risk your life and pay 5000 dollars in addition!!!!
    And those hard working people will be left out in the cold while people who are here illegally cut the immigration lines and take their place. That sure is fair.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I love that woman, she just see what you can't see. It's not about racism like some people comment here, is about the future, is about the economy of our country, Is about the work that those people are able to do, that we don't want to do, and later we say they are taking our jobs. They know what work is, they valued that more than us, they take a brake every 5 hours of work, when we take one every 30 minutes. More work, more productive, more money for our country. That's what it is about made it simple.

And those hard working people will be left out in the cold while people who are here illegally cut the immigration lines and take their place. That sure is fair.
    No one is taking anyone's place there's cake for everyone, like I said firts do some research, inform your self an then
    You can judge who's fault is that theres no jobs for everyone (Walmart, nike, etc...
    Big corporations rule the world and control the system, Nike make the T-shirts in Indonesia for less than half the price of what you pay in USA while people over there its working hard for some cent a day and we pay about 40 dollars for a stupid shirt that should be make here in the USA and sold at a fair price, but no "lets take advantage of the rest of the world and our own people as long as we can and as long as our country keeps leading and keep them happy with iPhones, big led screens new cars etc.. that is fair.

No one is taking anyone's place there's cake for everyone, like I said firts do some research, inform your self an then
    You can judge who's fault is that theres no jobs for everyone (Walmart, nike, etc...
    Big corporations rule the world and control the system, Nike make the T-shirts in Indonesia for less than half the price of what you pay in USA while people over there its working hard for some cent a day and we pay about 40 dollars for a stupid shirt that should be make here in the USA and sold at a fair price, but no "lets take advantage of the rest of the world and our own people as long as we can and as long as our country keeps leading and keep them happy with iPhones, big led screens new cars etc.. that is fair.
    So "there is cake for everyone", but "there's no jobs for everyone". Huh? And all those people waiting to come here legally are all a figment of our imagination, because there are actually no lines...

Thanks

FYI, the spanish were here first.

Stop being lazy, and learn a second language. I am learning spanish

Exactly. Spanish is quickly becoming a scond language for the country. I refuse to accept "english" as a primary language here anymore.

Employers are now asking for bilingual speakers for positions that normally would not require it, due to people not learning the dominant or the official language of the country and/or state.
    Isn´t that good for job development?
    Last edited by Co1d Night; 04-17-2013 at 08:22 AM.
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Atheist View Post
    FYI, the spanish were here first.
    The Sioux were here before the Spanish. Does Rosetta Stone have anything for Sioux?

Stop being lazy, and learn a second language. I am learning spanish
    I agree, they should stop being lazy.

Exactly. Spanish is quickly becoming a scond language for the country. I refuse to accept "english" as a primary language here anymore.
    OK, now that one is ridiculous. As of 2009, the percent of language spoken by people in the U. S.:

English 80%
    Spanish 12.4%

Isn´t that good for job development?
    I think a good educations is important. Most schools are taught in English.
    Last edited by Perceptum; 04-18-2013 at 05:02 PM.