+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Huberty: Apple May Launch Internet Services, 'Killer' App

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Huberty: Apple May Launch Internet Services, 'Killer' App

On Thursday, respected Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty said Apple may soon unveil a set of new internet-based services. The revelation comes after the analyst's recent meeting with Apple management.

According to Huberty, Apple may use it's June 2013 Worldwide Developer Conference to unveil refreshes of iOS and Mac OS X, as well as several new services. These services, she speculates, may include streaming music or even mobile payments.

"From our recent meetings with management, we believe Eddy Cue, Apple’s head of Internet Software and Services, is working hard to improve Apple’s existing Internet-based services, such as iCloud and Maps, and at the same time planning to launch new services," Huberty wrote Thursday.
    We believe Apple could charge either developers or users for some of these services, which could boost Apple’s annuitized revenue stream and better monetize its large user base. For example, Apple could offer a streaming music service using a freemium model. Users could listen for free with advertisements, or pay monthly or annually to listen without advertisements and with potential access to more features.
    Huberty also suspects that Kevin Lynch’s move from CTO of Adobe to Apple represents more compelling evidence that Apple could launch new services "that leverage its large developer base."

Huberty today even raised the prospect of Apple releasing a "killer app" the magnitude of which could rival Siri's impact on iOS..

Source: Barron's

What's Jailbreak? Mannyphantom46's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow! Can't wait, it most be something big! Go apple!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Killer app is probably the radio app and it'll kill pandora, spotify, gmusic, etc.

Thanks

I doubt an apple radio app would kill those services.

Thanks

A radio app would hardly be a killer app, since there are lots of similar apps already, many for free.

Sounds like BS, with the corporate "analysts" playing the usual role of willing partner to feed the sheeple tantalizing tidbits of crap.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Alright!! 2 out of 3 comments actually positive for once, how refreshing from the droid boy fans posting their uneducated comments on here. Way to go!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgfusion For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (04-12-2013), emerica6708 (04-11-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    Alright!! 2 out of 3 comments actually positive for once, how refreshing from the droid boy fans posting their uneducated comments on here. Way to go!
    So if someone posts something bad about Apple they are automatically an Android fanboy?

Anyways, since when did Siri have a large impact on iOS? Everyone I know who has an iDevice used Siri a whole bunch at first but then pretty much forgot about it as they could do things just as quickly as they have been.

Thanks

Guys Apple might make a baseball team. They might make a chap-stick that revolutionizes the way you keep you lips moisturized. They might make a Apple branded furniture. The next iOS might support bootcamp and able to run windows 8. Guys this is from a reliable source, next OS X might have iAds. Guys next macbook might have a touch screen and also be made of curved glass. Next macbook might finally use the liquid metal Apple acquired in the past.

Ask me anything, I'm an industry analyst, I might even be right once in a blue moon.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Norb For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (04-11-2013), bwhitaker3 (04-11-2013), kuanyu (04-12-2013), Mohit555 (04-12-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    Guys Apple might make a baseball team. They might make a chap-stick that revolutionizes the way you keep you lips moisturized. They might make a Apple branded furniture. The next iOS might support bootcamp and able to run windows 8. Guys this is from a reliable source, next OS X might have iAds. Guys next macbook might have a touch screen and also be made of curved glass. Next macbook might finally use the liquid metal Apple acquired in the past.

Ask me anything, I'm an industry analyst, I might even be right once in a blue moon.
    +1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post

+2

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Killer app is probably the radio app and it'll kill pandora, spotify, gmusic, etc.
    Unless they open it up to Android and Windows phones, then it will be dead in the water, none of these apps you mention are restricted to a single platform

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think the radio will be called Genius Radio... you know like expanding on the service that scans your itunes library and gives recommendations?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    So if someone posts something bad about Apple they are automatically an Android fanboy?

Anyways, since when did Siri have a large impact on iOS? Everyone I know who has an iDevice used Siri a whole bunch at first but then pretty much forgot about it as they could do things just as quickly as they have been.
    I love Siri i control my house with Siri like lights ON/OFF or TV ON/OFF😎

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So...if Apple launches a radio service, how long will it be before Google and Amazon launch competing versions, with Amazon giving the premium version for free to prime members?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Unless they open it up to Android and Windows phones, then it will be dead in the water, none of these apps you mention are restricted to a single platform
    I hope they don't. I want exclusive to iOS.