+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple, Google Accused of Manipulating Courts

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple and Google have seen their differences play out in court so many times now that the warring tech powers are being criticized for allegedly manipulating the courts for business
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple, Google Accused of Manipulating Courts

Apple and Google have seen their differences play out in court so many times now that the warring tech powers are being criticized for allegedly manipulating the courts for business purposes.

That assertion comes straight from a federal judge in Florida today.

U.S. District Judge Robert Scola said Thursday that Google and Apple are playing games and executing business strategies in the courtroom, as their patent arguments continue to grow in mind-boggling complexity.

"The parties have no interest in efficiently and expeditiously resolving this dispute," Scola said this week, "they instead are using this and similar litigation worldwide as a business strategy that appears to have no end. This is not a proper use of this court."

The case in Florida involves more than 180 claims related to 12 patents and disputes over the meaning of more than 100 terms, Scola said in his order.
    Because Apple and Google were unable to "streamline the case," the presiding judge called the companies’ actions “obstreperous and cantankerous conduct.”

“Without a hint of irony, the parties now ask the court to mop up a mess they made by holding a hearing to reduce the size and complexity of the case,” he wrote. “The court declines this invitation.”

Source: Bloomberg

Thanks

Maybe more people should "streamline" the legal process. I commend them for not wasting my tax dollars in long drawn out legal battles.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 04-11-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

First make both party resolve their dispute out of court.
    If it has to go to court, make the loser pay for all legal bills (court cost plus legal fees of winner) and damage claim to the winner.
    If loser want to challenge the judgement, the payment on damages judgement to the winner will be put on hold in bond (I think that is what it is called), loser still pay for the original court fees and legal fees of winner before allowing the claim to go any further. However loser can include the cost of the previous judgement for the new hearing as damage claim in case they win. I think that is what England is doing, I think it is only right that the disputed party pays for court cost instead of us.
    Last edited by unison999; 04-11-2013 at 05:10 PM.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 763 Posts

I think all companies in patent battles should be charged x amount if it runs over a certain length of time, to help them come to an agreement sooner
    Last edited by dsg; 04-11-2013 at 07:59 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

Typical.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

No duh. Are we just now realizing this? They've been doing it since about the time both companies started getting big. This is why all big companies suck.