+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ousted JC Penney CEO Ron Johnson Headed Back to Apple?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
For two years, Apple has struggled to find a quality permanent replacement for its former head of retail Ron Johnson, who left the Mac maker in order to become CEO
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Ousted JC Penney CEO Ron Johnson Headed Back to Apple?

For two years, Apple has struggled to find a quality permanent replacement for its former head of retail Ron Johnson, who left the Mac maker in order to become CEO of JC Penney.

On Monday, Apple may have found an available candidate to replace Ron Johnson... and that would be Ron Johnson, who is apparently on his way out as chief executive officer at JC Penney.

JC Penney CEO Ron Johnson is out and Mike Ullman will rejoin the company as CEO, receiving an annual base salary of $1 million.
    JC Penney posted losses in each quarter under Johnson's tenure.

According to CNBC, Ullman - who was CEO at the retailer from 2004 to 2011 - was recently approached by the board and asked to return in hopes of helping the "troubled retailer" regain its lost footing.

"We are fortunate to have someone with Mike's proven experience and leadership abilities to take the reins at the company at this important time," Thomas Engibous, chairman of the company's board, said in a statement today. "He is well-positioned to quickly analyze the situation JC Penney faces and take steps to improve the company's performance."

As of this writing, Johnson's old job at Apple is still vacant.

Source: CNBC

Thanks

How idiotic. They are going to rehire someone who previously proved he couldn't get the job done the first time around.

These are all high paid educated people on the board yet they don't have the IQ points between themselves to hire, oh I don't know someone who isn't a previous failure? There isn't anyone else that a head hunter can find?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

ThatOneProfile (04-08-2013), vinaygoel2000 (04-08-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    How idiotic. They are going to rehire someone who previously proved he couldn't get the job done the first time around.

These are all high paid educated people on the board yet they don't have the IQ points between themselves to hire, oh I don't know someone who isn't a previous failure? There isn't anyone else that a head hunter can find?
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

+2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

(Sarcasm Font) How dare you say such a thing! They make hundreds of thousands of dollars, so they've gotta be smart by default, right?!?! LOL!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-08-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Jc penny was my mothers favorite store till this clown took over & killed it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

JC Penny was actually doing well compared to companies like sears and Dillard's the same quarters. Department stores are quickly on a down slide - the time for their existence at high price convenience with fashion shopping is at an end.

The cessation of the sears catalog several years back was symbolic of the end of the era of department stores.

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Relax, this is a "rumor" see it says his old job at Apple is still open. Doesn't say he's listed to have his job back.. They probably will not hire him back.. remember he left them for JC Penny. I doubt they took that lightly since they need to keep executives that used to work under Steve Jobs.
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by law111 View Post
    Relax, this is a "rumor" see it says his old job at Apple is still open. Doesn't say he's listed to have his job back.. They probably will not hire him back.. remember he left them for JC Penny. I doubt they took that lightly since they need to keep executives that used to work under Steve Jobs.
    Exnavy is talking about Ulman as he's the one who got rehired at JCP.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Exnavy is talking about Ulman as he's the one who got rehired at JCP.
    In addition, Johnson left his position at Apple after 11 years that lead Apple to be the top retail chain in sales per square foot. I don't think it would hurt to have him back.

ohthatguyagain makes a decent point.