Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Can Receive Even More in Damages against Samsung in New Trial

Thanks

Default Apple Can Receive Even More in Damages against Samsung in New Trial

As we all know in the Samsung v. Apple case, Judge Lucy Koh’s decided to shave $450 million off of the $1.05 billion verdict due to “an impermissible legal theory.” Because of this, Samsung has been trying to push for a new trial regarding the remaining fourteen ‘vacated damages’ products, which actually leaves odds against their favor.

Reports state that due to Samsung’s decision to secure a new trial, Apple may net an even higher judgment than the amount they have already won. According to Florian Müeller of FOSS Patents, a new Samsung filing confirmed that Apple could possibly seek even more damages in the new trial, because Judge Koh only granted about 40 percent of what was allowed to be presented as a damage claim.

The second damages trial involves the following Samsung devices: the Galaxy Prevail, Indulge, Infuse 4G, Galaxy S II AT&T, Gem, Continuum, Droid Charge, Captivate, Exhibit 4G, Epic 4G, Galaxy Tab, Nexus S 4G, Transform and Replenish.

We don’t know if Apple will receive more than the August 2012 verdict, but Samsung’s filing definitely puts them in a bad spot.

Source: FOSS Patents via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

went to galaxy note 2 from iPhone 5 and ill never go back Apples greed just made me lose intrest great products **** company

was a loyal customer now after they ****** u over and over im done

Default strange
    Quote Originally Posted by sheon View Post
    went to galaxy note 2 from iPhone 5 and ill never go back Apples greed just made me lose intrest great products **** company

was a loyal customer now after they ****** u over and over im done
    I did the opposite. and I'm never going back to android, the [...] app-store ever.
    Last edited by Orby; 03-31-2013 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Keep it clean, please...

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I use both apple and Samsung. Every year I buy the flagship phone from both. Gs4 is next then iPhone 5s if that's what they call it. Now as far as tablets, I'm strictly an ipad guy

Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    I did the opposite. and I'm never going back to android, the [...] app-store ever.
    to me apps dont mean **** really i got pandora faceook twitter poweramp chrome and gmail i really dont need any more stupid apps

90% of apps are pointless some fart apps or stupid **** like that........ and i really could care less for touch screen only games

iPhone is great yes but apple as a company really sucks now there going downhill without jobs leading then tim cook is a ******* idiot him and steve balmer would get along well because there both ******* stupid
    Last edited by Orby; 03-31-2013 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Keep it clean, please...

to me apps dont mean **** really i got pandora faceook twitter poweramp chrome and gmail i really dont need any more stupid apps

90% of apps are pointless some fart apps or stupid **** like that........ and i really could care less for touch screen only games

iPhone is great yes but apple as a company really sucks now there going downhill without jobs leading then tim cook is a ******* idiot him and steve balmer would get along well because there both ******* stupid
    Ok lol.

Post a screenie. 6 apps????

Wow.. U bought a note 2 ONLY to install 4 new apps.
    U must also have an audi r8 fitted with a CNG car kit..
    But do excuse the rest of us who like to do more with a phone than stare at its abnormally large screen and like people's comments on facebook while listening to a random pandora song.
    We truly are crazy enough to utilize our modern devices to their potential.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mohit555 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-31-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
    But do excuse the rest of us who like to do more with a phone than stare at its abnormally large screen and like people's comments on facebook while listening to a random pandora song.
    +1

+1
    ------

Not knowing how and understanding a product are two different things. People think that screen is what? Just so amazing to be that big ? Maybe Andre the Giant would of used it....
    -----
    And I agree with you... Hey look a post on Facebook.... Sounds like a great time and reason to buy this abnormal large screened Device ** cough ** COPY ** cough ** the real question is does this "amazing" Note 2 come in other colors too???? Lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

Why are they suing over the Transform? That was the biggest POS I've ever used. On that note though, I ended up getting a Galaxy S3 instead of an iPhone 5 because of this crap that's going on and I like how Android runs better

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple iDevices are only awesome when they're jailbroken. Droids come out of the box better than iPhones probably ever will lol. I still like my iPhone better than my Galaxy S2x though. A jailbreak trumps all other phones 10 fold when you know what your doing with it As for the company itself, Idc what they do as long as they keep putting holes in there iOS for the dev team to find.
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-01-2013 at 06:52 AM.

EXACTLY. I have 3 iPhones and 2 iPads and never going to get another Apple device.
    I've always hated the company and loved what jailbreakers did to make the devices closer to the android and more open which it should be from the start.
    The more Apple lock it up the more appealing Android devices become.
    Instead of Apple taking your money and making a better device they spend it on lawsuits and lawyers. If they spent it on more R&D think how good the iPhone could've been by now.

I'll never understand why so many Apple haters hang around an Apple forum. Anyway, it is about time for these silly trials to end eh?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pkmaximum For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-31-2013)

You droid boys are so funny, Apple a bad company for suing, really? If you owned a company and someone kept stealing your stuff you would sit there and so nothing (well probably because that's what you already probably do anyways)......Samsung has had their share of lawsuits against Apple and other companies which you fail to mention. I noticed droid boys never use facts in their arguments. 90% fart apps or useless? Go back to school dumb *%#, do the math. That's just not true, I have far more business, productive and useful apps than what you describe. That's just a comment of ignorance you have made and shows your intelligence. I've used every phone and will continue to choose all Apple Products. I also enjoy supporting an American company. The profits stay here, not go to Korea where they are laughing all the way to the bank. I'm amazed by you Slamslung loyalty to a foreign company and that you only see what they want you to see.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgfusion For This Useful Post:

micaiah12 (03-31-2013), vinaygoel2000 (03-31-2013)

Samsung and Apple are at war so this is just the beginning of a more drawn out battle.
    Last edited by bradmullins007; 03-31-2013 at 01:05 PM.

I like the iphone and galaxy s3 , bit fed up paying for every good game on the iphone while its free on android , yes the free apps come with adverts but a simple free ad blocker removes them , iphone is too limited , only itunes for apps where as android has amazon as well , having said that i would not get rid of my iphone , i use them both , one is better at somethings and the same on the other system

21. The Following User Says Thank You to thumper_net For This Useful Post:

Tperry (03-31-2013)

You mad bro?

Also, I have a galaxy as well but I don't find myself on android news sites, yet the droid fan boys are always lurking here at MMi
    Last edited by bradmullins007; 03-31-2013 at 01:07 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bradmullins007 For This Useful Post:

evoRC (03-31-2013), vinaygoel2000 (03-31-2013)

I went from droid 2.3.3 to iOS 5.1 and will never return unless they give me a really good reason. But I still hate Fapple as a company. And I don't understand how they won the first case or could win this one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

++1!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast