+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EU Regulators Closely Monitoring Apple Product Distribution

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
EU regulators have an eagle eye trained on Apple's iDevice distribution antics across the European continent, a new report from Reuters asserts. EU antitrust regulators are exploring whether or not
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default EU Regulators Closely Monitoring Apple Product Distribution

EU regulators have an eagle eye trained on Apple's iDevice distribution antics across the European continent, a new report from Reuters asserts.

EU antitrust regulators are exploring whether or not Apple is responsible for any possible anti-competitive efforts related to the distribution iPhones and iPads. As of this writing, however, it isn't clear what Apple is specifically being accused of doing.

Sources close to the matter say European regulators have received a host of "informal complaints" from more than a few telecoms operators.

The complaints to the European Commission underscore the broader battle between the telecoms industry and content providers, such as Apple and Google, which provide new digital services that run over telecoms systems.
    "There have been no formal complaints, though," commission spokesman Antoine Colombani told a regular Commission briefing said Friday. "Generally, we are actively monitoring developments in this market. We will, of course, intervene if there are indications of anti-competitive behavior to the detriment of consumers."

Source: Reuters

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

One think I can think of that's doggy is apples one year Warranty I bet there looking at this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me slim.jim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    One think I can think of that's doggy is apples one year Warranty I bet there looking at this.
    So they get punished because they stand behind their product?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 831 Posts

They don't have to state what they're investigating? I guess that's one way of doing it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The price they charge for their hardware, how can they!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone TechnoUniversity's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    I think Europe has a minimum of a 3 year warranty standard.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    EU Law.

2 years return policy on electrical goods.

6month return & get your money back if item doesn't work as advertised or is faulty, after 6month exchange only & after 1 year you have to prove that it's broken. (independent checker is needed)

Sales of goods act.

5 years in Scotland 6 in England
    Same as above except lasts for 5/6 years, note it also depends of said item & cost, you can't get a new MP3 player at 20 4 years later ;-) washing machine, iPhone (600) yeah you can.

& what I mean by prove that it's broken, is it can't be from you ie, dropping it opening it. Has to be hardware ie, like a washing machine should last 6+years if it dies after only 2 its hardware & same goes for phones, iPhone should last 4 years at least if taken care of.
    Last edited by rocky5; 03-23-2013 at 05:19 AM.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me slim.jim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    EU Law.

2 years return policy on electrical goods.

6month return & get your money back if item doesn't work as advertised or is faulty, after 6month exchange only & after 1 year you have to prove that it's broken. (independent checker is needed)

Sales of goods act.

5 years in Scotland 6 in England
    Same as above except lasts for 5/6 years, note it also depends of said item & cost, you can't get a new MP3 player at 20 4 years later ;-) washing machine, iPhone (600) yeah you can.

& what I mean by prove that it's broken, is it can't be from you ie, dropping it opening it. Has to be hardware ie, like a washing machine should last 6+years if it dies after only 2 its hardware & same goes for phones, iPhone should last 4 years at least if taken care of.
    Wow, most electronics in the US have a 90 day manufacturer warranty. Major appliances, dishwashers etc, are longer but it's up to the manufacturer to decide how long. My wife had an iPhone 4 that stopped working about a year and a half after buying it, iTunes was reporting a hardware failure, we took it in to Apple and they replaced it free of charge.