+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iCloud Now The Top Cloud Service in the US

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Move over Dropbox and Amazon, Apple's iCloud is the new sheriff in this digital town. According to Strategy Analytics' latest 'Cloud Media Services' survey, Apple is dominating the cloud storage
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default iCloud Now The Top Cloud Service in the US

Move over Dropbox and Amazon, Apple's iCloud is the new sheriff in this digital town.

According to Strategy Analytics' latest 'Cloud Media Services' survey, Apple is dominating the cloud storage wars, with Dropbox, Amazon and Google well out of striking distance for the top spot.

In a recent study of almost 2,300 connected Americans, Strategy Analytics found that 27% have used Apple's iCloud followed by 17% for Dropbox, 15% for Amazon Cloud Drive and 10% for Google Play (see chart).
    Not surprisingly, usage of cloud storage is "heavily skewed" toward younger people, with 20-24 year-olds being the most active. Interestingly, Apple's service is the only cloud service with more female than male users.

Across all players in the game, cloud storage is dominated by music. Strategy Analytics finds that approximately 90% of Apple, Amazon and Google's cloud users store music. Even 45% of Dropbox users are storing music files.

Source: Strategy Analytics

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I assume this survey was looking at 'digital lockers' for media files and not as general cloud services that can hold any type of file that we could upload, I suspect if that was the case than iCloud wouldn't even appear on the list

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    I assume this survey was looking at 'digital lockers' for media files and not as general cloud services that can hold any type of file that we could upload, I suspect if that was the case than iCloud wouldn't even appear on the list
    Agreed. There is no way DropBox is not first on that list.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What, no Mega! LOL...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

This survey was probably done standing outside an Apple store. I agree. There is no way they could of passed Drop Box.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

And it must be consumer use, cuz I know Box is pretty big in enterprise...