+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV 5.2.1 Update All About Hulu

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Apple TV 5.2.1 Update All About Hulu

Released today along with iOS 6.1.3, Apple has pushed out an update for Apple TV (available for the Apple TV 2nd generation and later).

Version 5.2.1, which delivers expected bug fixes, is giving a big boost to the Hulu app, which received quite an attractive facelift.

As a result of a completely redesigned new look and feel for the integrated Hulu Plus service, the streaming video service made a separate announcement today discussing the benefits of the redesign we're discovering via the Apple TV update.

"Right away, you’ll notice we’ve added content categories across the top navigation bar to make it easy to for you to jump to your chosen section — whether it is TV, Kids, Latino, Search, or something else," Hulu said.

"Inside each category, you’ll discover what’s new in our content library so it’s easy to discover new shows and keep up with the shows you already love. You can also jump into your favorite shows right away with the 'Shows You Watch' tray. We built this to make sure you never miss a new episode or lose your place in a series."
    The Hulu Plus subscription TV service is available for $7.99 per month.

Source: Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice & what do use non American users get?

The bug fixes do nothing bar stop a potential jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

Why does the image show that the Apple TV can go on the Internet.. Is that something to do with jailbreak or the old firmware? I have atv3 with the latest firmware but don't have that

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

that's the old firmware layout (which I preferred). that's (internet) where stuff like radio and Hulu would have been.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    that's the old firmware layout (which I preferred). that's (internet) where stuff like radio and Hulu would have been.
    Oh so you could actually never surf the Internet? Yeah I think the old UI looks better although it looks a lot like xbmc but I guess they copied apples layout

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I only got in with the release of ATV2, so I don't know what you could do on ATV1, but you've never been able to surf on ATV2, no.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iH85CH001's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but can you still jailbreak apple tv if we havent updated? does evasi0n jailbreak the apple tv 2nd generation on the newest firmware, whatever the last one was before this one, does evasi0n do that or is it something else? and also, what can you do with a jailbroken Apple TV anyway?

what can you do with a jailbroken apple tv anyway? and does evasi0n jailbreak it? i have the latest firmware that is before this one. whatever that would be....... anyway, does evasi0n jailbreak it or is it something else?

What can you do with a jailbroken apple tv anyway? and also, does evasi0n jailbreak it on the newest firmware that was before this one, or is it something else?
    Last edited by iH85CH001; 03-20-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks

If no one has updated yet I wouldn't bother, I have an Apple TV 3 and iv now updated and can't access my films, tv shows also my music, says "error signing in" according to apple this is a known error with atv 2 and 3 -.-