Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dropbox Acquires iOS App Mailbox

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Dropbox Acquires iOS App Mailbox

Dropbox announced Friday on its company blog that it has acquired the popular iOS email app Mailbox.

"Like many of you, when we discovered Mailbox we fell in love—it was simple, delightful, and beautifully engineered," Dropbox explains in a post from company founders Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. "Many have promised to help us with our overflowing inboxes, but the Mailbox team actually delivered."

Clearing up any possible confusion right off the bat, Dropbox confirmed that Mailbox isn't going away.

"The product needs to grow fast, and we believe that joining Dropbox is the best way to make that happen, a separate announcement from Mailbox reads. "Plus, imagine what cool things you could do if your Mailbox was connected to your Dropbox..."

Mailbox, which is available as an app only on iOS, is the latest big get by Dropbox, a thriving company that - as some will recall - declined a huge buyout offer from Apple in 2009.

Source: Dropbox

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Sounds good bring on more clients!!!

OMG YES mailbox will get more features quicker and will be integrated with dropbox!!! Though i think dropbox should really by apps that will enable them to support mobile word, spreadsheet etc processing

Does this mean we will get to use it quicker? I've been waiting weeks and still only at 250k

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Yes I would think so Dropbox will be quicker with updates and changes for us all

Default Don't waste your time
    Quote Originally Posted by adamcole View Post
    Does this mean we will get to use it quicker? I've been waiting weeks and still only at 250k
    I was early on the bandwagon for Mailbox and waited weeks for my reservation for a mail app that does exactly what the native mail app does. I don't see any special features or great "revelations" in this app and I deleted it. It killed my battery life with it's constant notifications (approx 1 per minute) which constantly kept my phone running. It looks cool but it does absolutely nothing the native app can't also do. It's nothing more than Hypeware - They did a great job with the release a la Apple in not giving away any details but the jokes on the people; THERE ARE NO DETAILS!!!!!