+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Samsung Galaxy S4 Unpacked in New York

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Samsung's next flagship smartphone has arrived and some are wondering if Apple should be nervous. The eagerly-awaited successor to the S3 was unveiled at a glitzy New York event tonight.
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default The Samsung Galaxy S4 Unboxed in New York

Samsung's next flagship smartphone has arrived and some are wondering if Apple should be nervous.

The eagerly-awaited successor to the S3 was unveiled at a glitzy New York event tonight. Launching on 327 carriers in 55 countries beginning late April, the S4 delivers a number of impressive attributes, including:

• 5-inch 1080p 441ppi Super AMOLED display
    • 1.9GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor
    • Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    • 4G LTE
    • 13 MP camera
    • 2MP front-facing camera
    • expandable storage via microSD
    • 2GB of RAM
    • 16GB, 33GB, and 64GB memory options.

The Galaxy S4 is 136.5 m long by 70.6 mm wide. It weighs 130 grams. Factor in hover-style gesture features, and a boatload of wicked cool native apps and services from Samsung, and the Galaxy S4 is a mighty fine smartphone, fans of the device are saying upon first impression.

"We have taken technology and innovation forward to get closer to what matters in life," said the head of mobile for Samsung, JK Shin. "We are committed to innovation. We are always listening to people around the world to hear what they really want."

Source: CNET

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Drooling...

Thanks

it looks badass. but that rollout was embarrassing.

vbx
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The phone looks impressive, but the presentation at Radio City Music Hall felt a bit cheesy to me.

Banned
    Thanks

great phone, terrible actors.

the camera was the best feature--still pix with sound seems like something app developers would have already made.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Samsung pulled an Apple.

Lackluster is the word I'm looking for...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    You can still a picture in any video software package, and continue the sound ! I must admit though, it looks awesome ! I am due an upgrade June, who hoo !!

epz
    Thanks

if the ip5s is actually happening this year then i can easily see this is the year for androids with the htc one (getting this) the s4 and x-phone coming out. I've never even owned an android before lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

looks too much like the S3

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

13 mp camera. I remember it was amazing to see in digital cameras we use today but a mobile phone damn

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yes, I really do thing Apple is going down the pan, many have said it for such a long long time, but maybe .........

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The Keynote was horrible, the phone itself is amazing. APPLE ITS WAKE UP TIME DO SOMETHING SPECTACULAR or you will be the next BLACKBERRY before the summer of 2013 gets here.

I can't speak enough about the features from the language translation, to the dual camera use, the camera a 100 photo's taken in 4 seconds. A nice large 5" screen and can still fit in your pocket. I could go on and on but I want this phone.

Also the ability to change ECO system with their new software APPLE YOU BETTER WATCHOUT!!!

Test
    Last edited by businesssuit; 03-14-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

I will have to agree that samsung is starting to pull away from the pack. I would love to see what apple can do with a phone that size.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 670 Posts

OMG Its all about the camera/video and its functions. Over an hour of covering just that and having a orchestra playing from start to finish. Way over the top!! I like the way Apple does there keynotes/presentations alot better and simpler!! Dual video chats?? who cares!!! Not only that? Thats going to eat up more data and cost the user more money for more data usage. And taking a pic with audio? well ok i guess. I don't remember the last time i wished "damn i wish i had audio for the pic"! LMAO usually you take video, plus again with audio now that going to be more data used. Can also see about 4 law suites that can happen LOL knowing Apple and Samsung.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont care how advance any phone is, if you not packin the "appstore" kick rocks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemState View Post
    i dont care how advance any phone is, if you not packin the "appstore" kick rocks
    Exactly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    13 mp camera. I remember it was amazing to see in digital cameras we use today but a mobile phone damn
    Mega pixels means nothing if the lens and processing sucks. I don't know what the s4 has but if the processing isn't good and the lens isn't something spectacular then 13MP isn't going to mean anything when you print large format and it looks like ****. I have an old 3.1mp Fuji that will blow the pants off any cell phone camera, problem is that it's only 4"x6" @ 300dpi for printing.

13MP just means your storage will fill up with pictures more than 1.5x faster.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 670 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Mega pixels means nothing if the lens and processing sucks. I don't know what the s4 has but if the processing isn't good and the lens isn't something spectacular then 13MP isn't going to mean anything when you print large format and it looks like ****. I have an old 3.1mp Fuji that will blow the pants off any cell phone camera, problem is that it's only 4"x6" @ 300dpi for printing.

13MP just means your storage will fill up with pictures more than 1.5x faster.
    I hear ya, isn't anything like 8 or 10 mp's doesn't matter anyways. Because unless your going to print posters using the pics our eyes cant tell the difference?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    I hear ya, isn't anything like 8 or 10 mp's doesn't matter anyways. Because unless your going to print posters using the pics our eyes cant tell the difference?
    Most people don't print photos larger than 8x10 because their printer can't handle large format. 8MP is the right size for most consumers that's roughly 11x8 @ 300dpi.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 03-14-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

sigh
    4.2.2 and in June all those people who bought it will be pissed because they wont get Key Lime Pie for MONTHS if they get it at all
    I'll keep my Nexus and laugh while I'm putting money away for the iPhone 6 in '14

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast