+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Samsung Galaxy S4 Unpacked in New York

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin Meh...I'm not blown away. Where's that feature that wants me to have this? I agree. It seems very nice. But what feature is it that
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
    Meh...I'm not blown away.

Where's that feature that wants me to have this?
    I agree. It seems very nice. But what feature is it that makes it a must have? I hate when people say iphone/Android sucks and the other one is better but don't mention specific features. They listed some nice things but I would never use the dual camera, would never want sound for a still pic, and would take forever to watch a video if it stopped every time I looked away (and that is assuming there aren't a bunch of false reads making videos stop when they shouldn't like just because I blinked or reached up to pick my nose).

Even though it doesn't stand out that much to me and definitely doesn't scream innovation, I'm not going to slam it because it does make gradual improvements. Everyone wants the huges updates from these phones but that isn't how the technology curve works. If the iPhone 5S allows you to time travel 20 years in the past, and the iPhone 6 allows you to travel 50 years in the past people will say the 6 has no new innovation despite the fact that the maker developed the game changer that everyone now copies.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel apple is happy to have samesung launch its phone before them. Now they can say " oh, is that all they did? Then we will drop just a lil more in the 5s and still be on top. " watch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After having every iPhone since the 1st and being an Apple "fanboy" for the last 20 years, I must say that there is more than competition now that HTC One and Samsung S4 have dropped.

I decided to switch to an S3 about 2 months ago, I rooted it and ran 4.2.2 with CM10.1 ROM. I can honestly say that I respect the Android platform a whole lot more. I'm currently back on a 4S because of the "craftsmanship" of the S3 (screen separation), but I will be jumping on a Nexus 4 or HTC One the minute I sell this new S3 I just received.

I'm all about innovation and Samsung seems to be moving in the right direction in terms of software and upgraded hardware. But if the S4 feels anything like the S3 with its "polycarbonate" body, I'll just have to wait until they decide to jump on the aluminum bandwagon. Nice new features, but nothing to drool over, plus the HTC One seems a little more premium.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what Apple does later this year... Hopefully they get the hint and give us something to be excited about again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gray bishop View Post
    sigh
    4.2.2 and in June all those people who bought it will be pissed because they wont get Key Lime Pie for MONTHS if they get it at all
    I'll keep my Nexus and laugh while I'm putting money away for the iPhone 6 in '14
    This is the biggest android drawback! Well put.. Haha.. Now i am going to put my 3gs on charging which is running the lastest ios.. And did i mention it was launched 4 years ago.. Suck on that u green bot users

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

With Evasi0n Jailbreak ip5 is the best phone out there. I owned galaxy phones and they just cant be compared to iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    For example, try Webex app on iOS and then on android. Made by same dev but its a pain on android to use it. While its a pleasure on iOS. Try it out and post back. I bet you won't.

How much does this cost anyway?
    it's free and I don't have meetings so I can't really use the app. But it runs fine on my DNA.
    from my rooted Droid DNA

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orgy9111 View Post
    With Evasi0n Jailbreak ip5 is the best phone out there. I owned galaxy phones and they just cant be compared to iPhone
    Probably an S2 which was complete ****.
    Galaxy Note 2 = most dominant phone on the market!
    Oh yeah doesn't the S4 also have like a built in HR monitor, BP monitor, and some other health ****?
    It also has a Barometer (awesome for altitude =D)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xzero View Post
    Probably an S2 which was complete ****.
    Galaxy Note 2 = most dominant phone on the market!
    Oh yeah doesn't the S4 also have like a built in HR monitor, BP monitor, and some other health ****?
    It also has a Barometer (awesome for altitude =D)
    You can't use a barometer to measure altitude. Weather has a huge effect on barometric pressure so your readings from one point would change constantly.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    Not impressed one bit why would any one want something that big it would be like adding a dialing pad and making calls from your I pad can you imagine holding something that grossly large to your ear to make a call apple has the right idea no bigger than a 4inch screen at best love my i phone 5 it rocks .
    Wow, will people who make stupid comments about size actually do some research before speaking?

Apparently iPhone 5 must be approaching iPad mini category, since the size difference between the iPhone 5 and HTC one, which has a 4.8" screen, is less than minimal.

Last edited by gehjl; 03-15-2013 at 02:51 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gehjl View Post
    Wow, will people who make stupid comments about size actually do some research before speaking?

Apparently iPhone 5 must be approaching iPad mini category, since the size difference between the iPhone 5 and HTC one, which has a 4.8" screen, is less than minimal.

I couldn't agree more. Those complaining about the 5" screen being so big, should check the specs. The size of the S4 stayed the same or shrank compared to the S3.

Something else I've never understood. People complain about Samsung (and others) using "plastic". Yet 99% of the population that carries a phone, covers said phone in a "plastic" case....
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    Crap in plastic. I'm supporting an American Company
    Yeah go ahead, support an American company who makes nothing in America.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Yeah go ahead, support an American company who makes nothing in America.
    getting off topic, but didn't apple announce the new iMacs would be made in the USA?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    it looks badass. but that rollout was embarrassing.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    13 mp camera. I remember it was amazing to see in digital cameras we use today but a mobile phone damn
    Pantech beat them to the punch on a 13mp camera, sad...
    Last edited by Evaded; 03-15-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Mega pixels means nothing if the lens and processing sucks. I don't know what the s4 has but if the processing isn't good and the lens isn't something spectacular then 13MP isn't going to mean anything when you print large format and it looks like ****. I have an old 3.1mp Fuji that will blow the pants off any cell phone camera, problem is that it's only 4"x6" @ 300dpi for printing.

13MP just means your storage will fill up with pictures more than 1.5x faster.
    Nice to read that you and several others actually understand how this works. First I've seen on these forums. Kudos. Funny that 70% of users actually think the quality of their phone size snapshots are improved if the MP count is 12 vs 8.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

slim.jim (03-17-2013)

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234