Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Samsung Galaxy S4 Unpacked in New York

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 751 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Most people don't print photos larger than 8x10 because their printer can handle large format. 8MP is the right size for most consumers that's roughly 11x8 @ 300dpi.
    Ya i knew it was something like that lol. Not to mention a [...] load of ink! LOL
    Last edited by Orby; 03-14-2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Keep it clean, please...

Thanks

Phone & features look serious!!!!! Your move apple!

Isn't that exactly like the S3?
    Still its awesome and I want one.

5 inches! thats going to be a tassel to hold for many.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemState View Post
    i dont care how advance any phone is, if you not packin the "appstore" kick rocks
    What apps are you currently using that you won't find on the Google PlayStore.
    from my rooted Droid DNA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Some of Googles own apps like Gmail and Google+ are newer and better on iOS. It's not necessarily that you can't get a android version of an app, it's that the iOS version looks and functions better.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 751 Posts

Some of Googles own apps like Gmail and Google+ are newer and better on iOS. It's not necessarily that you can't get a android version of an app, it's that the iOS version looks and functions better.
    Plus paying for them again! LOL and i know that a couple of apps i have are IOS only and aren't supported on android yet

Thanks
    Thanked 15,545 Times in 7,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CoronaDelux View Post
    Samsung pulled an Apple.

Lackluster is the word I'm looking for...
    Lol, +1
    Looks just like the S3.
    I'm gonna stick with my Nexus 4 and iPhone 5.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Painkiller006 (03-14-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Plus paying for them again! LOL and i know that a couple of apps i have are IOS only and aren't supported on android yet
    Gmail and Google+ are free. What apps do you have that aren't supported on Android yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Lol, +1
    Looks just like the S3.
    I'm gonna stick with my Nexus 4 and iPhone 5.
    Yeah it hardly looks any different. Exactly like what Apple did lol. Im also sticking with my Droid DNA and iPhone 5. Plus as soon as there's a rom on xda we can start porting some of the features lol
    Last edited by Painkiller006; 03-14-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    from my rooted Droid DNA

Thanks

Gmail and Google+ are free. What apps do you have that aren't supported on Android yet?

Yeah it hardly looks any different. Exactly like what Apple did lol. Im also sticking with my Droid DNA and iPhone 5. Plus as soon as there's a rom on xda we can start porting some of the features lol
    You are missing the point. He wasn't talking about buying Gmail and Google+. He was just saying that, like myself, he has invested money into the AppStore and apps that cost money you would have to buy again from GooglePlay. Apps that aren't available you have to find an alternative to.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,545 Times in 7,107 Posts

I used to think that way too. Turns out I just had a "restricted" play store because of my location. Since 4.2.1 on my nexus 4 though the whole google play store opened up to me and I can say pretty much all of Main apps are on both android and iOS. With the one exception of the MMi app lol. No plans for an android MMi app unfortunately but we have asked the owners to look into opening up MMi access in the tapatalk app just for android (since the MMi app is made by same people). So maybe soon that will be a possibility.

You are missing the point. He wasn't talking about buying Gmail and Google+. He was just saying that, like myself, he has invested money into the AppStore and apps that cost money you would have to buy again from GooglePlay. Apps that aren't available you have to find an alternative to.
    Ya, that's true. Buying the same app twice for the different OS's is a bit of a pain and can potentially get expensive. That's what makes it so hard switching sometimes. Being so invested in one OS can be difficult to let go of and make the switch. Luckily most apps on both aren't very expensive.

So is this the Samsung galaxy S 3(s) because this looks like the same phone just with better specs. It's Funny because if apple has the same looking phone with better specs is a disappointment and oh I'm so let down etc etc etc lol..... I'm not impressed at all I was looking for a re-design among other things.... #NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    Isn't that exactly like the S3?
    Still its awesome and I want one.
    Isn't the iPhone 5 just a taller iPhone 4 and 4s? If apple doesn't change anything this year they will have the same design for 4 years. I'm hoping for a big change from apple. If not my next phone will be a Galaxy S4 or Nexus 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    . "We are committed to innovation. We are always listening to people around the world to hear what they really want."
    "listening to people" something apple doesn't care to do. "We are committed to innovation" something apple used to do.

Been saying it for months, apples time is over. Just wait & see what happens when the iPhone 5S comes out.

Thanks

An unsurprising but duly respectable spec bump, a couple of "hey that might be neat/I can see myself using that" software features (translation, rapid-fire camera), and a couple more "huh... seems kinda unnecessary/silly" features (dual camera usage, facial recognition for videos/scrolling).

It's very much a "GS3S." Iteration, not evolution.

Out of respect for the AEA, I will not comment on that abhorrent pageant of a reveal, though.

Meh...I'm not blown away.

Where's that feature that wants me to have this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jobs Twin View Post
    5 inches! thats going to be a tassel to hold for many.
    That's what she said ;-p

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julian2786 For This Useful Post:

GibMcfragger (03-14-2013), novadam (03-15-2013)

Nice one, but lets see what apple bring with the iPhone 6... ????

Crap in plastic. I'm supporting an American Company

Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
    Meh...I'm not blown away.

Where's that feature that wants me to have this?
    Again...that's what she said... Lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast