+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Now Offers VESA Mount Adapters For iMacs

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Now Offers VESA Mount Adapters For iMacs

Apple has Thursday started offering a VESA wall adapter for iMac computers. The new attachment lets users mount their iMac to the wall, rather than using a desk stand.

According to Apple’s Web site, the mount must be configured at the time of purchase, as this isn’t something that you can simply add onto your iMac in the future if you choose not to buy the VESA mount adapters at the time of purchase. The VESA mount adapter is available for both the 21.5-inch and 27-inch models of the iMac:

Getting the VESA mount adapter for your iMac will cost you an additional forty bucks, but those looking to mount their iMac rather than having it sit on a desk will find the attachment worth the money.

Those interested in learning more about the VESA mount adapter can head over to Apple's Web site.

Sources: Apple via MacRumors

Thanks

The long awaited "iTV"!

!zy
    Thanks

Lmfao am with urghargh

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    The long awaited "iTV"!
    +1

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

The cheap way is drive a nail through the mac that ill sort it out

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ProfessorJack For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (03-14-2013)

Thanks

One of these right above my piano would be idea. But an iMac is a bit too expensive for such a luxury.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UrghArgh View Post
    So, let me get this straight. For an extra $40, I can have a VESA mount adapter built-in while losing the ability to simply stand it on a desk if I later so decide? BRILLIANT!

Seriously, WTF is wrong with Apple? What moron thought this was a good idea? I'll bet they'll start selling stands to mount to the VESA adapter in the future for $99.
    Exactly, you're better off buying a MacBook and a second monitor of whichever size you want, at a fraction of the cost. You get the same benefits, with an extra screen, and mobility to unplug and take your laptop with you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is for multimillionaires, obviously

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Pathetic.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

At the rate hardware gets refreshed these days, it's really not worth it unless these would be compatible with future iMac roadmaps. Just my 2 cents

Green Apple
    Thanks

the title is misleading. should be changed. imo

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Good God, what a train wreck of bad English! First of all, it's not a VESA mount "adapter" if it's built-in. It's just a VESA mount. Duh. It doesn't "adapt" anything when there is no alternative mount. It's simply the VESA mount-only version of the iMac.

Apple's own stupid gaffe was made even worse by the reporting here.

"Apple has Thursday started offering a VESA wall adapter for iMac computers."
    No they haven't they started offering computers with a VESA mount option. That's COMPLETELY different.

"The new attachment lets users mount their iMac to the wall, rather than using a desk stand."
    No. VESA lets you use a standard VESA mount which may or may not be a wall mount. That's Kind of the point: It gives you standardized options that are not always wall mounts. It can be everything from an articulating arm on a work bench, a support spine on the back of an entertainment center, a desk stand that rotates between portrait and landscape orientations (useful for retina iPad development), etc.
    "...this isn’t something that you can simply add onto your iMac in the future if you choose not to buy the VESA mount adapters at the time of purchase. The VESA mount adapter is available for both the 21.5-inch and 27-inch models of the iMac."
    Contradicting statements. The iMac with VESA mount option is available in both 21.5" and 27" models.

I hope we learned that simply explaining it right somewhere in a sea of wrong doesn't clarify. It only confuses things further.