Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nokia Supports Apple's Bid to Block Sales of Samsung Products

Thanks

Default Nokia Supports Apple's Bid to Block Sales of Samsung Products

Nokia recently filed a brief with the U.S. federal appeals court supporting Apple’s bid to block the sale of Samsung products that a jury found to be in infringement of certain Apple products. Although the brief doesn’t officially offer support for either party, it argues that Apple vs. Samsung Judge Lucy Koh’s decision to deny a permanent injunction request lodged against the Korean company following the trial could set a “dangerous precedent.”

The brief itself is currently sealed but an accompanying motion supplies an overview of Nokia’s argument as noted by Reuters. The company is questioning Judge Koh’s December ruling which required a patent holder to first establish a “casual nexus” between a patented feature and customer demand before securing a permanent injunction against offending products. Nokia asserts that if such a precedent were set, the ability of patent holders to obtain sales bans would be crippled. The summary filing states the following:

The “causal nexus” requirement as applied by the district court here, making the evidentiary standard for obtaining a permanent injunction so burdensome and strict that it may rarely, if ever, be met, will essentially lead to a compulsory-licensing system wherein patent holders are forced to license patented technology to competing firms, which could in turn harm incentives to innovate.
    It continues by citing a number of prior case determinations which offer findings contrary to Judge Koh’s ruling. Since the case landed at the CAFC in December, no outside company or internet group has filed in support of Apple’s appeal besides Nokia. The Finnish handset maker says its interest in the proceedings stems from the company’s role in a number of U.S. patent suits. Nokia’s attorney, Keith Broyles, wrote the following:

Nokia is thus both a significant patent owner that might seek an injunction to protect its patent rights, and a manufacturer in an industry in which patent owners routinely issue threats of injunctions for patent infringement.
    Samsung is scheduled to file a brief later this year at which time companies and advocacy groups may enter filings in support of the Korean electronics giant. The CAFC has delegated Apple’s appeal to a three-judge panel before the full court hears the case. We’ll have to wait and see what the results are.

Source: Reuters

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Both Apple and Nokia are jealous of Samsung's dominance. Samsung are making the better devices and they (Apple and Nokia) are just looking stupid. If they made devices that were better than Samsung's then they would be dominating but they don't, they make lawsuits instead.
    Last edited by b1997469; 03-07-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    Both Apple and Nokia are jealous of Samsung's dominance. Samsung are making the better devices and they (Apple and Nokia) are just looking stupid. If they made devices that were better than Samsung's then they would be dominating but they don't, they make lawsuits instead.
    When a company's emails for designing and building their phone reads "make it more like the iPhone" you have to see that much of their initial efforts was a copy. While they are breaking away it's not exactly legit to just keep upgrading your copy and act like it never was a copy and that much of it's design still remains a copy.

The quality of their phones are horrible. I've had most the iPhones and own a s2 ... The quality of Samsung products is terrible. The GUI is ugly. It's not smooth.... They create 1$ devices that's why they are "dominating" they throw in all these special features to lure you into buy their low quality phones that are so cheap they give them away. I personal will wait for iPhones and features... No problem. Rather a good quality well programmed phone then a light plastic big screen choppy phone. (Just my opinions here)

Thanks

Glad someone else spoke out, carbon copying is not innovation and should never be rewarded yet somehow Samsung still made a profit. They knew what they were doing and they were willing to be the punishment was worth what they had to gain and they were right.

Green Apple
    Thanks

lmfao..jealous of samsungs dominance? is that a joke xD?

why is Apple and Nokia so mad at Samsung in the end its the customers choice if they want Apple they want Apple if they want Samsung they want Samsung Nokia is dead so idk what to say about them lol......

Apple just wants it to be u can only buy iPhone nothing else..... sorry Apple it dont work that way and people are getting bored and tired of the same old **** from Apple my self included coming from the iPhone to the iPhone 5 i think the 5 will be my last device from Apple same goes for my MacBook retina will be my last Apple device..... ill be moving to Fujitsu laptop and Japanese androids....

Apple makes great awesome products yes but there Company now is just ****!! worst company ever

Quote Originally Posted by BhadKarma View Post
    The quality of their phones are horrible. I've had most the iPhones and own a s2 ... The quality of Samsung products is terrible. The GUI is ugly. It's not smooth.... They create 1$ devices that's why they are "dominating" they throw in all these special features to lure you into buy their low quality phones that are so cheap they give them away. I personal will wait for iPhones and features... No problem. Rather a good quality well programmed phone then a light plastic big screen choppy phone. (Just my opinions here)
    My Note 2 is smooth .

I threw in a 64gb microsd that cost me $40. I have an 80gb phone with 2gb ram and a 2.1GHz Quad core processor (overclocked) with about a 2.5day battery life (compared to 6 hours on my old iPhone 5).

Threw on a metal battery cover (cost me $3).

I have a phone that cost me $200 + $40 for sd + $3 for backcover + $50 for tax (in CA) = $300 which runs faster and smoother than any Macbook (not iPhone because this Samsung phone is nowhere on the same level as that crap).

Feels much nicer than the iPhone (despite weighing like 50g more?).

Yes the S2 is horrid device and a piece of crap but I think after the S3 was made, Apple just got shat on with every device that came out for Android.

Well the point I am trying to make is, iPhone sucks compared to any new Android device out.

By the way, this is coming from a person who had an iPhone since the 2g came out and I had the iPhone 5 until I realized that the only thing that I got after 5 years of iPhone was a notification center....THAT ONLY SHOWED THE FREAKING WEATHER..................

iPhone users...have fun waiting another 5 years to get wifi/bluetooth/airplane toggles in your notification center without jailbreak.

Speaking of jailbreak, isn't Apple trying their best to prevent it? Took 4 months for Devs to release a jailbreak for the iPhone 5..wait until the next major OS release..going to take years...Have fun ApppleboySsss!!
    Last edited by xzero; 03-07-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Nokia is in terrible shape., they were once the dominate player in the market now they're so much like RIM., a dying breed. iOS and Android are the future.

Quote Originally Posted by REMED1AL View Post
    When a company's emails for designing and building their phone reads "make it more like the iPhone" you have to see that much of their initial efforts was a copy. While they are breaking away it's not exactly legit to just keep upgrading your copy and act like it never was a copy and that much of it's design still remains a copy.
    apple has done plenty of "copying" as well but the way I see it is that Samsung makes better phones, Samsung is leading the market and apple is trying to slow them down. I think apple should try to give consumers what THEY want and not force on them what apple thinks they should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    Glad someone else spoke out, carbon copying is not innovation and should never be rewarded yet somehow Samsung still made a profit. They knew what they were doing and they were willing to be the punishment was worth what they had to gain and they were right.
    what has apple done with its iDevices that they didnt copy from some other company? after all it WAS NOT apple who invented

the first "iPhone"
    the smart phone
    the tablet
    touch screen
    touch screen smart phones and tablets
    mobile apps
    mobile app stores
    portable media players
    desktop syncing
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 03-07-2013 at 06:29 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BhadKarma View Post
    I have a Galaxy S3 and I've loved it since day one. I love how the phone runs as it is really smooth and runs games really well. The only downside is I'm not a huge fan of the Touchwiz 5 interface as I prefer the stock Android 4.x look. As of right now though, I have rooted it and am running CM10.1 (a custom ROM variant using Android 4.2) and still love it, and it uses plain old Android rather than Samsung's theme.

Now don't get me wrong. Samsung has made bad phones (example: Samsung Transform and Moment). I know this from first hand experience as I used to have a Samsung Transform and that phone was the biggest POS phone I have ever used. The phone only made it to Android 2.2 before they killed it and the performance on it was horrid. The reason is it only had 160 MB of usable RAM, only 30 MB of RAM was free at any given time, it used a 800 MHz ARM v6 CPU and a crappier than all hell GPU (which I think was ran off the CPU also). When trying to play Angry Birds on it, it had tons of graphics glitches, lagged severely and offered poor gaming experience with the phone. Also with that, the phone was slow and choppy when doing anything.

Honestly though, I would never buy an iPhone. I think it is too restrictive (jailbreaking helps with that) and with using my GS3, the screen is too damn small. I do have an iPod Touch 4g though because my old phone was so crappy that I needed to have something to get me by for music and entertainment. After getting my Galaxy, my iPod has been sitting dead on my nightstand for about 4 months now and am preparing to sell it.

Default Who cares if Samsung copied the design? Everyone’s doing it!!
    What a stupid comment, Make it about something safe!!!!

Little friend, Apple copied,stole, infringed thousand of products and they always got away with it, so don't talk nonsense.

Who cares if Samsung copied the design? Everyone’s doing it!!

You and everyone has to remember WHO made the iPhone? Most of the parts come from Samsung so how are they copying something they make?

You and everyone has to remember WHO made the iPhone? Most of the parts come from Samsung so how are they copying something they make?
    They didn't make it, they supplied parts that were specific dimensions and designed by apple? The supplier in this case is Samsung.. And they got caught.
    Now they push the cheaper phone that they "copied". Each product after is still a copy. Lol.

Mind you my new opinion on the matter as of last week is.. Let them copy. It's who makes the better product. Look
    At Cars, Soft drinks , music artists. ALL COPIES. If u make something expect the Asain suppliers to copy it. Just make the better product for consumers and live on. Patently they got caught. Welcome
    To
    The game.

Just because they make the parts doesn't mean that u can use it apple pay them apple design it and I do believe Samsung is the best (copying from others) look on all the Chinese copy's