Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobile Gaming on the Rise Among Developers According to New Survey

Thanks

Default Mobile Gaming on the Rise among Developers According to New Survey

According to the Game Developer Conference (GDC) 2013 State of the Industry survey, mobile platforms running iOS and Android are increasingly popular among North American game developers while traditional consoles and their portable counterparts are seeing less interest.

Smartphone sand tablets were the most popular development platform among respondents, with 55% of them saying they were developing their current games for said devices. Of the developers, 58% of developers said they plan to release their next games on mobile devices. PCs and Macs were the next strongest platforms, with 34.6% of developers having just released a game for PC/Mac, 48% developing current games for the platform and 49% planning their next games for the platform.

Consoles fared relatively poorly in the survey with Nintendo faring the worst. Among the respondents, 13.2% were currently developing for Microsoft’s Xbox 360, while 14% were targeting the platform for their next game. As far as Sony’s PlayStation 3 goes, 13% were releasing their current game on it, with 12.4% targeting it for their next game. Nintendo’s Wii U had only 4.6% of developers currently working on a game with 6.4% saying their next game would come to Nintendo’s new console.

It was pointed out at the GDC that the portable handheld development picture was even less encouraging. A lackluster 2% of the respondents had made their last game for Sony’s PS Vita platform while 4.2% were currently working on a game for it and just over 5% planned their next game for the platform. Nintendo’s 3DS had only 2% of respondents working on games for it with 2.8% planning to release their next games on the portable console. Developers instead indicated strong interest in tablets and smartphones as well as PC-based TV consoles.

Source: GDC Conference

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Nintendo could make up their loss if they started releasing classic titles for mobile devices. I'd be all over that, yo.

Smartphones and Tablets*

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m0n0p0ly View Post
    Nintendo could make up their loss if they started releasing classic titles for mobile devices. I'd be all over that, yo.
    I agree. If they released any of the Mario or Zelda titles onto iOS the cost would not matter to me.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    I agree. If they released any of the Mario or Zelda titles onto iOS the cost would not matter to me.
    i would pay for Star Fox or Pokemon if it was available.

Thanks

Who knew? I thought the Wii was the thing gaining steam.