+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook Admits that Apple is “Looking at New Categories”

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Tim Cook Admits that Apple is “Looking at New Categories”

Although some investors are worried about recent Apple stock losses, the Cupertino California company seems to be focused on the long term. Tim Cook recently revealed that the company is currently exploring new potential product categories to improve upon.

According to Cook, it’s been “an incredible year of innovation,” as he noted that Apple grew by about $48 billion in fiscal 2012 during his company’s annual shareholder meeting. The $48 billion in growth is more than Google, Microsoft, Dell, HP, and Research in Motion combined. He also hinted that his company could go in new directions in the future but as per the usual, he offered no specific details about what the company has been working on. He did say the following to shareholders though “obviously we’re looking at new categories. We don’t talk about them, but we’re looking at them.”

Of the possible new products Apple could be working on is a television set, which is said to have been in development at the company headquarters for years and the possible “iWatch” which has been rumored heavily over the past few months. Cook publicly hinted that Apple has big plans for the living room coming up and the natural transition of the company’s focus seems to be proving that. That along with the recent patent applications of a curved-glass display, which point towards a watch accessory leave a lot for Apple fans to look forward to.

Source: CNBC

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Tim Cook Tim Cook Tim Cook
    Sorry just had to.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wiipro View Post
    Tim Cook Tim Cook Tim Cook
    Sorry just had to.
    Word. I feel ppl are underestimating him. Hes certainly no steve jobs, but i fail to see how thats such a bad thing. If we are going to move forward we must have, maybe , a cooler head in charge. As well as a person who is loyal to the brand, as well as the standard set by it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Word. I feel ppl are underestimating him. Hes certainly no steve jobs, but i fail to see how thats such a bad thing. If we are going to move forward we must have, maybe , a cooler head in charge. As well as a person who is loyal to the brand, as well as the standard set by it.
    But is Tim Cook an inventor or just a businessman?

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    But is Tim Cook an inventor or just a businessman?
    At this point i would say its too early to tell. But im going to hope for at the least a combination of both. But id say business.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It will be interesting on what apple comes up with for the living room. The Apple TV is okay but they really have had an impact on the mobile device industry.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    No it's all of these stories Tim Tim Tim and tim