+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple CFO Drops Small Clues About Company's Big Plans

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple Chief Financial Officer Peter Oppenheimer recently connected with Katy Huberty, the prominent Wall Street analyst and resident Apple watcher at Morgan Stanley. On Friday, Huberty revealed that Mr. Oppenheimer
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Apple CFO Drops Small Clues About Company's Big Plans

Apple Chief Financial Officer Peter Oppenheimer recently connected with Katy Huberty, the prominent Wall Street analyst and resident Apple watcher at Morgan Stanley.

On Friday, Huberty revealed that Mr. Oppenheimer provided some key insights into moves Apple might make in the coming months. For starters, Huberty says she walked away from the meeting with the distinct impression that Apple will likely increase the 2.3% dividend to AAPL shareholders.

"Our analysis," she told investors this morning, "suggests Apple can match the S&P IT sector's average FCF [free cash flow] payout of 68% if it returns $28B in FY13, implying a 6% total yield. High mix of international cash limited flexibility in the past but raising low-interest debt can help address this issue, in our view."

Huberty contends that Apple hasn't taken the concept of an "iPhone mini" off the table as the smaller, more affordable entry-level iOS-powered smartphone could be a big revenue driver in emerging markets.

"The company's approach to product decisions and innovation has not changed in the past several years despite the CEO transition," Huberty concluded. "Making great products remains Apple's core strategy and the company is as confident as ever about the future pipeline of new products and services."

Morgan Stanley retains a price target for AAPL at $630.

Source: Fortune

Thanks

Ok......So am I missing where he drops small clues about company's big plans?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jasvncnt10 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (02-22-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    No joke! Bigger dividend, okay that's kinda newsworthy for people invested, but not big tech news.And the thing about a smaller iphone, well they technically already have that when they made the 5! And cheaper iPhone? They have that too in the older models!

There's really nothing newsworthy here. Just a bit of filler story. I suppose that Morgan Stanley analyst is getting paid well into the 6 figures for this kind of quality work!

Thanks

I guess Clark Kent was too busy as Superman today :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd rather an iPhone with a holographic interface and intuitive voice actuation than cheaper/older models flooding the market. While that seems unrealistic in the early part of the 21st century and extreme capitalism still holding a major factor in society, one can still imagine that kind of future.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

fail article

Thanks

my thoughts exactly.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I assume they are referring to the iPhone Mini. Makes sense I suppose. There have been rumors for some time. Also there was an article recently showing the potential market for a lower end phone. It would fit right in with the theme lately... iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone, iPhone Mini.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    I assume they are referring to the iPhone Mini. Makes sense I suppose. There have been rumors for some time. Also there was an article recently showing the potential market for a lower end phone. It would fit right in with the theme lately... iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone, iPhone Mini.
    They're talking about a lower cost market, not a smaller iPhone for the same price as the iPhone 5. That is not within the theme of Apple whereas all of their devices are expensive compared to Android and Windows devices

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    2nd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    fail article
    But author win: took 15 mins to write this blather, paid for a full day of work.

*T*
    Thanks

I think even that analyst does better work than this author, and we all know how great analysts are.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillefied View Post
    I'd rather an iPhone with a holographic interface and intuitive voice actuation than cheaper/older models flooding the market. While that seems unrealistic in the early part of the 21st century and extreme capitalism still holding a major factor in society, one can still imagine that kind of future.
    Capitalism is what brings people what they want. It's kind of the definition: Capitalize on demand to generate profit. Once it's possible to profit from that demand, you'd better believe they will in a free market.