+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Hires Former Rolls-Royce Executive

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple knows a thing or two about luxury brands. As a result, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Apple recently turned to one of the finest names in luxury
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Reportedly Hires Former Rolls-Royce Executive

Apple knows a thing or two about luxury brands. As a result, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Apple recently turned to one of the finest names in luxury automobiles to procure talent to head up its EMEIA corporate relations.

PRWeek was first to learn that Rolls-Royce’s director of external communications Josh Rosenstock will officially join the Cupertino, California-based Mac-maker within the next few weeks.

One source with knowledge of the move said the ‘heavyweight’ hire was a reflection of Apple’s desire to grow its corporate affairs capabilities as it becomes increasingly drawn into global regulatory and political issues.
    Both Apple and Rolly-Royce have been contacted for comment. No confirmation of the talent transition has come from either party as of this writing.

Before hiring in at Rolls-Royce four years ago, Rosenstock was the head of corporate communications at financial tech firm Misys. Prior to that he held a similar position at RWE Thames Water.

Source: PRWeek

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    Both Apple and Rolly-Royce
    How cute

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwraw8482 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (02-21-2013)

Thanks

Hopefully this doesn't mean Apple products will become as unreliable as English cars.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Hopefully this doesn't mean Apple products will become as unreliable as English cars.
    Hahahahaha

However there's no chance he will be anywhere near the hardware/software, the big jobs apple has been losing that they would use outside hires are the retail management which fits perfect for this character

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Great Apple want to increase prices

Green Apple
    Thanks

That would be British cars! And as two of the main makers in the uk are American company's that really doesn't back up your comment

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpySod View Post
    That would be British cars! And as two of the main makers in the uk are American company's that really doesn't back up your comment
    Yea yea, I was referring to the British makers like Land Rover (excluding the Defender) which are known for horrible electrical problems and outrageous repair cost. In the end it was a joke.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I find it amazing that no matter what Apple does, simple as biting someone negative people feel the need to well be negative. Oh no not ...... Wah, Wah, Wah. My goodness folks what qualifications do you have to question a company that has done well for itself, America, technology and the user. Shut up!

Thanks

Wow apple are no making cars!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yea yea, I was referring to the British makers like Land Rover (excluding the Defender) which are known for horrible electrical problems and outrageous repair cost. In the end it was a joke.
    Hate to break it to you but Land Rover are an Indian company! If you think British cars are full of electrical problems try owning an Italian one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pegitt View Post
    Hate to break it to you but Land Rover are an Indian company! If you think British cars are full of electrical problems try owning an Italian one!
    Lol, I don't know why this has turned into a debate about where cars are made. Again, it was a joke. Historically Land Rovers, Jaguars and to go way back MG's were all made in England and had major electrical issues. A yea you are right, Italian cars have electrical issues too. I'm not trying to knock all British cars, the E-type Jag is one of the greatest cars ever made.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

Mrteacup (02-21-2013)

*T*
    Thanks

You actually thought you would get a response from apple? The WSJ doesn't get comments from apple, let alone MMi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think he's from Rolls-Royce plc, they make aircraft engines, marine propulsion and others...